Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
DSCF2902.jpg 18032012166.jpg 22052012014.jpg 22052012012.jpg P7080251.jpg P7080252.jpg P7080253.jpg

Breaks my heart but house move forces sale of my May 1995 Africa Twin, I have owned her since August 2011 and only done @1700 miles on her so she is a complete luxury and needs to go to someone who has the space and time for her!

Please see additional photos in my member gallery and video link, please feel free to ask if you would like any additional photos.

She is faultless and I would'nt hesitate to ride her to Lands end or Italy and back ( I say that as I had a trip round devon and Cornwall and one to Italy planned for this year which we had to cancel as my brother fell of his dirt bike! )

She has the Facet Fuel pump replacement, K & N air filter, Oxford heated grips, 12V aux socket for Sat Nav etc, Datatag, has 2 keys, New tyres 2011, New OEM rear shock in 2008 + complete suspension service ( new oil , seals etc ) in November 2011 and a rolling road Dynotune at the same time, complete rear wheel bearing set April 2012, OEM front sprocket August 2011, New Scotoiler and iridium plugs August 2011, Oil filter and oil change August 2011 and a new Vario touring screen in Sept 2011 ( I still have the oem screen ) & Givi tank bag.

I have a heap of old invoices and MOT certs.

I fitted new pannier racks and Alpos aluminium panniers ( 32 & 36 Ltr ) in March 2012.

I am reluctant to sell her but need to realistically as I am moving house and both Trustys Twin and my DR650SE have to go!.

The bike is a tasmanian green M plate Africa twin. It has done 52K miles and is fitted with the following main extras
White Sw Motech engine bars
Centre stand
Heated grips.(Oxford)
New Scottoiler
GA Wells comfort seat conversion.
Datataged
Honda workshop manual + lots of old MOTs and receipts

The bike is in good condition, rims, panels, engines etc good, tripmeter fully operational, a few stone chips on paintwork, the engine covers show a bit of surface corrosion- ask for extra pictures and see video link below.
The bike is mot'd until May 2013.

I have had her since August 2011 and only done 1700 miles on her, the previous owner was an XRV member ( DOD ) only did about 900 miles on it, The previous owner ( again XRV member ) to that had the bike for 3 years doing ~12000 miles on it .
It has had the following work done on it over the last few years, bills available for much of it.
Front brake calipers stripped and rebuilt with new pistons, seals and pads. Rear pads replaced at same time
New Honda rear shock
Mint condition rear rim/hub etc sourced from German ebay
Forks stripped and rebuilt with all bushes and seals replaced.
New rectifier/regulator
New chain and sprockets. Output shaft found to be in very good condition with minimal wear.
Facet fuel pump fitted and fuel filter
New battery
New front and rear tyres
Suspension service and tune
Rolling Road dynotune
New 12V aux socket
New Iridium plug set
New MRA Vario screen
New OEM Front sprocket
New rear wheel bearing set
Oil filter and oil change
New pannier racks and Alpos aluminium panniers

I have posted an album of photos - look under my username Trustytriumph - Trustys Twin

I may be available during the day if required for viewing.
I am located in Malvern, Worcestershire, 8 miles West of M5 Jnct 7

Asking £2500. - for video link click here http://youtu.be/qLdWfbjyEIQ

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In answer to those that have asked by private message the photos of my AT were taken around the malvern hills and on top of the Gospel Pass at Hay Bluff - a fantastic ride between Hay and Pandy / Abergavenny - well recommended!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Beautiful and rare colour

Gutted you have to sell it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Paul-s I have only ever seen one other physically in the same colours although I am traditional and love HRC RWB - I am so glad I went for this it has been a real head turner!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
When I had it I took it up there past Llanthony Priory, it must have a homing instinct for that road. Hope the sale goes smoothly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Dod good to hear from you - Im very sorry to be selling as the bike has been so reliable and is spot on right but I simply havnt got room for my bikes after moving house!

Hope to see up around hay sometime nice run!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Tidy Bike, I can't see it up for sale long, a bargain for someone.

All the best with the sale, it's a fine looking AT

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Stubbsie Thanks it is a fine bike which Im reluctant to sell as I know shes sorted - but needs must - Ill have one again!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ah! she has gone to a good home :thumbup: I picked her up from Trusty last night, just been out for a quick blast and I'm very happy. THank you DOD and Trusty for your TLC :toothy10:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts