Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's me at the TT at the Ramsey sprint

1/8 mile. 8.47s ending at 86mph.

Chuffed with that. in 2006 I managed 8.2s at 91mph on a Triumph Daytona Super3, so shows the Vara's no slouch.

Note the top box, fully loaded with sarnies to prevent any rear tyre slip

Intersetingly the chain appears a little slack?

A top TT again mind.

Only managed 114mph on the Mountain according to the GPS. Two up though, must try harder

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
...Only managed 114mph on the Mountain according to the GPS. Two up though, must try harder
Don't fret about that. After all your bike isn't the fastest colour.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Corking stuff mate, there just aren't enough top boxes in motor sport...

Wish I'd have made it to the Sprint in time to see you, but the roads were closed at Kirk Michael, so we had to pick our way across the mountain up the B10, then down into Dougie and to Ramsey via Laxey (and a lunch at a pub en route, because we were so hot and hungry by then). We got to the Sprint just as the gongs were being handed out. At least we got a good run over the mountain home...

Speaking of which, couldn't believe how many GSXRR1ZXR998 types, (complete with full Dianese/Arlen Ness suits, £500 Arais and all the trick carbon bits imaginable) there were poodling over the mountain at minimal speed, going round the corners like 50p bits. One bloke on an R1 hit his brakes for all four apexes of the Verandah. I couldn't get past, he was so erratic. Weekend warriors... Mind you, it can't have been good for their morale to be overtaken by a 16st bloke on a Vara with a huge Givi top box on, just when they were imagining themselves as Casey Stoner...:thumbup:

Don't get me wrong, there were lots of fast blokes out there, it's just a few years since I was over the mountain on anything like a suitable bike (Africa Twin, two up on TKC80s last year), and the number of ATGNI numptys seems to have increased dramatically.

What tyres did you have on? I was using Conti Road Attacks, and they were brilliant, apart from a slight tendency to weave over a ton. Oh, and they're pretty worn now, too...:D

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
The drive is the top side of the chain, so I bet that bit wasn't slack! Can't see it for the chain guard, though.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Mind you, it can't have been good for their morale to be overtaken by a 16st bloke on a Vara with a huge Givi top box on, just when they were imagining themselves as Casey Stoner...:thumbup:
That was just too cruel for words.... NICE!:-D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was on Michelin Pilot Roads after the chatter on here.

I didnt give them a second thought which is what a good tyre is all about

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Missed the sprint completely, nearly missed Mad Sunday and only managed one lap without roads being blocked, that was Monday before the race. We had a great time so sorry to have missed you all, I caught a couple of waves from Dero riders, but with all the Power Rangers about pretending they were Foggy I had my eyes on the mirrors more than the roads, regardless how fast I could dodge the slow ones there were still faster nuts than me overtaking at STOOPID places.
Glad you flew the flag for the Varaderos top box and all. and glad you made it back across safe

·
Registered
170 Posts
Here's me at the TT at the Ramsey sprint

1/8 mile. 8.47s ending at 86mph.

Chuffed with that. in 2006 I managed 8.2s at 91mph on a Triumph Daytona Super3, so shows the Vara's no slouch.

Note the top box, fully loaded with sarnies to prevent any rear tyre slip

A top TT again mind.

Only managed 114mph on the Mountain according to the GPS. Two up though, must try harder
Good man. I'm well impressed. :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts