Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Xi dwejjaq member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just purchased today, a '93 Yamaha TTR 250cc for almost-20-year 0ld-Son to ride around the island upon.
Any of you knowledgeable types out there in receipt of '93 Yamaha TTR 250 cc wisdom that you care to share ?
©-©

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
Just purchased today, a '93 Yamaha TTR 250cc for almost-29-year 0ld-Son to ride around the island upon.
Any of you knowledgeable types out there in receipt of '93 Yamaha TTR 250 cc wisdom that you care to share ?
©-©
my mate had one once same year as yours

when the bike got to hot off road, i.e. slow naggery stuff, the drive would stop working!? never found out the cause as he sold it!

would work fine once cooled down!

never seen that happen on other bikes though!

other then that happen a few times it was a great bike!!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
My mate has one, of similar vintage. The only problem he gas had is the speedo pick-up. It is mounted in the cover over the front chain sprocket: apparently, it got filled with cack and packed up. Seems to be a common fault, and the previous owner had fitted an aftermarket speedo with a front wheel sensor. Probably more accurate, too, as the original cannot compensate for different sprocket ratios. Seems fine other than that: I certainly can't catch the bugger.

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
Several people that I know have them & enjoy the fact that they have reasonable brakes, electric & kick starters...& no radiators to damage if you have an off.

·
Xi dwejjaq member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As ever, thanks for your advices !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts