Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TTR rider
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003-manufactured Yamaha TTR600RE, with a broken spoke in the rear wheel on the drive sprocket side.

It seems I need to buy a whole set of (expensive) spokes to get around this! Or I have been told that if I send one in that Central Wheels or Talon could copy and make me one. However I'd just like to try to get one so I can just quickly swap it over.

So does anyone have one or more around they'd like to exchange for a few beer tokens?

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
I have a 2003-manufactured Yamaha TTR600RE, with a broken spoke in the rear wheel on the drive sprocket side.

It seems I need to buy a whole set of (expensive) spokes to get around this! Or I have been told that if I send one in that Central Wheels or Talon could copy and make me one. However I'd just like to try to get one so I can just quickly swap it over.

So does anyone have one or more around they'd like to exchange for a few beer tokens?
Give this guy a ring, he's rebuilt a few wheels for me and might have the right spoke lying around?

Spokes wheel-building, Gerard 02920861452

·
Registered
756 Posts

Hi would that be the one thats on ebay at moment :thumbright:

·
TTR rider
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi would that be the one thats on ebay at moment :thumbright:
I had a look at the eBay ones and was tempted to take a chance but the listing doesn't mention TTR600 or which side of the wheel (they're different lengths on the brake side to the drive side).

·
TTR rider
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sorry, it's 280736862248

What I need is approx. 145mm from end where nipple is until start of thread then I guess 10mm thread = 155mm

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Just to hijack your thread, I went up to Wendover yesterday to look at a TT600RE, it wasn't as tidy as yours so I declined.

The search continues :toothy10:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts