Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about a change of bike, I quite fancy an AT , it seems from MCN, reports that the 750 engine is easy to live with and smooth.
The bit that bothers me is the fact that it's heavier, has worse fuel consumption and well down on power compared to my M2.
But the Buell just doesn't like to run below 50mph, even if I change down , it seems it needs something to pull against or it just feels rough and vibey, and in the last year has destroyed 3 back tyres, 1 belt, 1 engine mount, 1 front isomount , headstock bearings , fork bushes and seals and a shock. Starting to get the picture, fast ,exilerating,great handling, but flawed /overstressed chasis,possibly overtuned tractor engine.
So will I be happy with a 750 AT,does anyone in north east Scotland have one, maybe meet , have a look , maybe get a shot of the AT,
You could ride the Buell.
Cheers
Lee

·
51 Buell X1 & 89 Tenere
292 Posts
I am thinking about a change of bike, I quite fancy an AT , it seems from MCN, reports that the 750 engine is easy to live with and smooth.
The bit that bothers me is the fact that it's heavier, has worse fuel consumption and well down on power compared to my M2.
But the Buell just doesn't like to run below 50mph, even if I change down , it seems it needs something to pull against or it just feels rough and vibey, and in the last year has destroyed 3 back tyres, 1 belt, 1 engine mount, 1 front isomount , headstock bearings , fork bushes and seals and a shock. Starting to get the picture, fast ,exilerating,great handling, but flawed /overstressed chasis,possibly overtuned tractor engine.
So will I be happy with a 750 AT,does anyone in north east Scotland have one, maybe meet , have a look , maybe get a shot of the AT,
You could ride the Buell.
Cheers
Lee
That is the beauty of the buell, I love my x1, but it hates traffic. That is why I got an old twin headlamp tenere....

;-)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts