Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... so are all tyres for the spoked wheel AT tubed?-and .. any recommendations for a good replacement tyre for someone who never intentionally leaves the road?!

Many thanks for any advice.

JD

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
tyres are a personal thing, I do alot of road miles, tried loads, but bridgestone bt45 win the day for me, good grip/great milage. try thevisorshop.com (crossan m/c) site... cheap, delivery included! a great dual COMPOUND tyre, hard wearing in the centre, softer compound on the edges for better turning.
I can vouch for many a pair on different bikes.
ps. front is reasonably priced, rear 140/80-17 only available V-rated.. expensive!, I blagged the local bike dealer that i could get the pair for £151 on the net. they matched it, so it's worth a go whichever tyres you decide upon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will definitely want tubed tyres (or tubes in a tubeless tyre) as all the little holes that the spokes go through let all the air out.

As for tyres - there's as many opinions as there are members with ATs.

Have a play with the Search tool - you'll soon be overwhelmed with opinions.
many thanks for the advice

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
A big difference is the stiffness of the side walls between tubed and tubeless. With stiffer sidewalls, usually found on tubless tyres, the tyre will not deform as much and will give slightly better on road handling characteristics but the downside is that they are harder to change or carry out a puncture repair if you do it yourself

Rinning tubeless tyres on the AT is no problem with a tube in the tyre. My main tyres are the Heidenau K60 Enduros and these are marked up as tubless

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A big difference is the stiffness of the side walls between tubed and tubeless. With stiffer sidewalls, usually found on tubless tyres, the tyre will not deform as much and will give slightly better on road handling characteristics but the downside is that they are harder to change or carry out a puncture repair if you do it yourself

Rinning tubeless tyres on the AT is no problem with a tube in the tyre. My main tyres are the Heidenau K60 Enduros and these are marked up as tubless
ok- thanks for this

JD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts