Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been quoted £2900 for a ride in, ride out all in job to fit a turbo to my Hayabusa. this will give 285BHP at the rear wheel. If i sell my power commander, carbon akrapovics, and the bmc air filter on ebay it will be about £2100 ish. i'm seriously tempted! got to get xmas out of the way first though. insurance shouldnt be too much of a problem, no more than a £150 increase. hmmm, difficult choice. should i do it?

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Have to get one of those for my Vara too! :twisted:

·
Registered
782 Posts
I spoke to a guy locally last year who had a turbo `Busa.

His son owns a GSXR1000 and does stunts and all that mullarky on it.

The guy got his son to ride the turbo ` Busa while he was on the Gixxer.

While doing 150mph,his son cracked the throttle open and the `Busa spun the rear wheel,leaving a black line on the road....AND WHEELIED :shock: :shock:

Should you do it you ask ???

Only if I can have a go :lol:

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
MMMMM ! it all sounds very attractive and appeals to the the big kid in all of us.

BUT 285 horses when about 150 of them are unusable 99.9999% of the time !!! .

Sould get you some serious advantage in the "my knob is bigger than your knob " type conversations down the pub.

But if it floats you boat - you go do it and enjoy !!

G

·
sean said:
been quoted £2900 for a ride in, ride out all in job to fit a turbo to my Hayabusa. this will give 285BHP at the rear wheel. If i sell my power commander, carbon akrapovics, and the bmc air filter on ebay it will be about £2100 ish. i'm seriously tempted! got to get xmas out of the way first though. insurance shouldnt be too much of a problem, no more than a £150 increase. hmmm, difficult choice. should i do it?
You made loon! What sort of lag is there on the turbo? I wouldn't fancy the turbo kicking in half way round a corner.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I agree all big dick stuff, down the pub

I raced bikes for many years up to World Championship level. What i learnt was a quick bike for the average guy has very little to do with power it has an awfull lot to do with the way the bike handles/Brakes/and torque.

I would choose a really well set up 600 over a 1000 any day on the street becuase i know i would be a lot quicker probably on a good 400 as well.

Years ago i went to the Bol Dor on a VFR400 my mates were all on GSXR,s, R1,s etc get into the mountains and also ordinary fast A roads and i was gone !!! the only place they had me was Motorways, and then only at 130 +. That trip really made me think about all this power thing

You simply cannot use the power of a big bike on the street it is as simple as that.

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Shep said:
You simply cannot use the power of a big bike on the street it is as simple as that.
What about the motorway? You could relive the old TV show Street Hawk!

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shep said:
I agree all big dick stuff, down the pub

I raced bikes for many years up to World Championship level. What i learnt was a quick bike for the average guy has very little to do with power it has an awfull lot to do with the way the bike handles/Brakes/and torque.

I would choose a really well set up 600 over a 1000 any day on the street becuase i know i would be a lot quicker probably on a good 400 as well.

Years ago i went to the Bol Dor on a VFR400 my mates were all on GSXR,s, R1,s etc get into the mountains and also ordinary fast A roads and i was gone !!! the only place they had me was Motorways, and then only at 130 +. That trip really made me think about all this power thing

i cant argue with that, however i still want to do it just for the hell of it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Oxbone said:
I dont want to ride fast...... I want to ride forever.....

Iam with Oxbone on this one.
"can you ride the Bussa to its limits in un-turbo form :?: :?: :?: :?:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts