Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Its that time of year when I start to 'fiddle', usually ends up be asking for help :D And guess what? Help please !

I never really liked the massive bush / hand guard things.......

1.jpg

So, took them off. Are there no bar weights on 600Alps? Whats been left behind.....:(

2.jpg 3.jpg

Basically nowt on the throttle side just a hole! And these are the bits off the bush guards....

4.jpg 5.jpg

I can see the throttle side 'tube' expands to fit the inside bars, but doesn't seem to come apart.

So, does anyone know if I need bar weights or what the hell I put in the empty bar ends !!!

Thanks in advance everyone ! :D

Dave

·
Registered
163 Posts
To remove these expanding bar end fittings just slacken them a turn or two then tap the head of the screw in towards the bars and the expanding grip will release.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That worked a treat! Cheers. Still at a loss about bar ends - if there should be any or just throw on new grips :D

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
looking at the brush guards I can see why I suppose I slide my hands in from the sides to grip the grips and I think I might have clastaphobic paws :lol: I got standard transalp hang guards and I like them to keep the cold and rain off . try e bay for some nice secondhand meaty alloy bar ends and aliexpress for new but you could be waiting a month or 2 from china I have some fork gaitors on the way dispatched on the 21th February probably got another 3 weeks to go ? still then only cost 17 euro with free post

decent bar ends will save your leavers in a tip over but make you wider over all some nice handle bar grips on aliexpress for handy money too also shrink wraps switches spot lights lots of stuff really .

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
I can't recall as to whether 600s had bar end weights from new or not, I know, how poor of me.....
If they were fitted, there would have been a steel insert that had a tapped hole for the weights bolt to screw into, these inserts are normally held in with spring clips (or sometimes weld), the inserts are normally ripped out & chucked when aftermarket guards are fitted.
Use a suitably sized rawl bolt or even a wellnut if you want to refit bar end weights :)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I want to fit new grips but hesitate until I found out if the 600 Alp actually needs the weights.:confused: Might as well do it proppa-like :D

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
have a look at bikepics.com tons of photos of most bikes on there .:thumb:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been to see my local Honda dealer, they spent a bit of time on the spec sheets for the Alp and it ends up that there were no bar ends or bar weights on the Alp when manufactured :D basically 'hoy' grips on and you're done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts