Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says ---

Two great deliveries in one day

Delivery 1 --- A healthy little grandaughter ( no 2 :D ) at 1am this morning :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Delivery 2 --- A new front wheel rim and spokes from Central Wheels :thumbup::thumbup: at 11am

Absolutely chuffed to bits especially with delivery no 1 :D

Although I have to say Central wheels took their time -- 2 months :(

Anyways, got there in the end :thumbup: Will have it fitted in time for Piel :D

·
Registered
924 Posts
thats a bit hypocritical... delivery one took 9 months to get despatched ;)

grats to you and yours mate :thumbright:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a bit hypocritical... delivery one took 9 months to get despatched ;)

grats to you and yours mate :thumbright:
Cheers Chris :thumbup:

And both about the same weight --- five and a half pounds ( incl wrapping :D )

·
2,701 Posts
Congrats to you and your family.:thumbright::D:D:D

My second grand daughter is on the way, but i'll have to wait as long as you waited for the wheel. ;)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I'm tyred of all these grandchildren comments. Perhaps I spoke to soon but I wheelie think that at the hub of the issue is whether or not you feel inflated or let down by these new arrivals:D.

Comedy, like new wheels, is all in the timing of the delivery.;)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I'm tyred of all these grandchildren comments. Perhaps I spoke to soon but I wheelie think that at the hub of the issue is whether or not you feel inflated or let down by these new arrivals:D.

Comedy, like new wheels, is all in the timing of the delivery.;)
It is a shame you cannot get the timing right then.:D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
As the title says ---

Two great deliveries in one day

Delivery 1 --- A healthy little grandaughter ( no 2 :D ) at 1am this morning :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Delivery 2 --- A new front wheel rim and spokes from Central Wheels :thumbup::thumbup: at 11am

Absolutely chuffed to bits especially with delivery no 1 :D

Anyways, got there in the end :thumbup: Will have it fitted in time for Piel :D
Congratulations on number one.:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
good news :) congrats..:D

see you at peil.. :thumbup:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Congratulations, especially on no.1. Grandchildren are just the best :blob7::blob7::blob7:. All the fun and pleasure, but the mess and hassle gets handed back to the parents. :color:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Congratulations, especially on no.1. Grandchildren are just the best :blob7::blob7::blob7:. All the fun and pleasure, but the mess and hassle gets handed back to the parents. :color:
Not so sure about that. After eight months left our baby with the grandparents for a week and we went on hols, had a car crash and left sonny Jim with the grandparents for four months.

It was gut-wrenching to them when TGLW came out of hospital and we brought our boy home. Still, they got to be grandparents again, spoiling him rotten instead of being sensible surrogate parents as they had been.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Well yes, take your point, had a similar experience with my granddaughter when son-in-law had to have series of 3 emergency ops and I was left unexpectedly "holding the baby". But all the same, I handed her back after weeks rather than 18+ years... And it was a fantastic granny-granddaughter-bonding experience. :thumbup: Even if I did sleep for 3 weeks solid afterwards. Am still dreaming of sleep a year later :rolleyes:.

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
Congrats Lowflyer , aint got any grand children meself yet but i suppose there is time
Merv

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts

Right. You've got 18 years to get that AT fettled for her.

Congrats on the wee'un. :thumbup:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Many thanks for the kind messages and texts guys :thumb:

Had a head wetting party with the clan last night -- absolutely brilliant, although my head hurts a little this morning ;)
Would love to take the wee one to Piel, but I don't think her mum and dad would approve :D

Cheers and thanks again :sunny:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts