Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Can anyone advise on where to buy the most inexpensive but best/good chain and sprocket set on the net. Are DID chains as good as they are cracked up to be? Extra heavy duty worth the extra money?

The back tyre is a bit square/bald, too many straight miles. The front is a new Scorpion AT so again recommendations for same.

Also, bike was off the road for a year have freed up front brakes but still rubbing slightly - any tips?

Really need to out quick before we get back into the rainy season (summer)!!

New to biking, new to forum - bear with me...

Thanks,

Big Flip

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Taking your questions in order -

Can anyone advise on where to buy the most inexpensive but best/good chain and sprocket set on the net. Are DID chains as good as they are cracked up to be? Extra heavy duty worth the extra money?
David Silver Spares would be a place to start. Some on here would only recommend an original Honda front sprocket, others have fitted pattern sprockets with no reported problems. DID is a well known make of roller chain and should be more then okay (I think the kits from David Silvers include DID). Other makes you might come across are Regina, RGK and Triple S.

The back tyre is a bit square/bald, too many straight miles. The front is a new Scorpion AT so again recommendations for same.
Try Crossan Motorcycles for tyres. They have a deal whereby any order over £50 is post free across the UK and Ireland. Since any tyre you are likely to want will be more than £50 anyway, they are effectively post free.

Also, bike was off the road for a year have freed up front brakes but still rubbing slightly - any tips?
Have a play with the Search tool (in the blue banner, top of page). There's been acres posted about cleaning up brakes, so you should be able to find something fairly easily.

Hope that's some help to you.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much Lutin. Great help.

Like your 'blurb' ...how fixed would you like it. Rings true

Cheers,

Big Flip

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hi not an expert but I have read a lot on forums lol and after hours of research and looking at what I think I need have gone for Michelin Anakees and will post later to say exactly what they are like.

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Michelin Anakees - I love them - looking forward to trying Anakke 2 next.

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
always think if you have cheap and cheerful tyres you will be cursing them as you slid down the road but if you have premium tyres you will be thinking wahay I'm a god I pushed the best beyond it's limit!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts