Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening,
Probably a question that has already been asked, I need to replace the rear on my @ and would like some advice from you all on choice! I currently have a endurance profile, which I like I do more road miles than off but a road tyre just wouldn't look right on the @. Please advise :thumbright:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers,
I have been looking at the Tourance and like the reviews, good wearability too:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Cheers,
I have been looking at the Tourance and like the reviews, good wearability too:thumbup:
I had both on my @ when I still had one. Both are very good in the wet(good to have in this country) and I used to get at least 10000 miles out of a rear on both of them.
Tourance ! Stay away from the EXP. they dont last
Anakee I heard that the 3 is not as good as the old 2 but have not tried them.

Just a general word about tyre's. Find one you like the look and price of and try them. Everyone rides different and uses tyres different. For instance I get big big miles out of all my tyres compare to other people on here. Dont know why(yeah I know I ride like a girl) plus some people dislike the way a tyre behaves whereabouts I might enjoy(or not rate it as serious) how they behave.
I been hunting for a good cheap tyre for years and long may it continue:cool:

·
Registered
592 Posts
I had both on my @ when I still had one. Both are very good in the wet(good to have in this country) and I used to get at least 10000 miles out of a rear on both of them.
Tourance ! Stay away from the EXP. they dont last
Anakee I heard that the 3 is not as good as the old 2 but have not tried them.

Just a general word about tyre's. Find one you like the look and price of and try them. Everyone rides different and uses tyres different. For instance I get big big miles out of all my tyres compare to other people on here. Dont know why(yeah I know I ride like a girl) plus some people dislike the way a tyre behaves whereabouts I might enjoy(or not rate it as serious) how they behave.
I been hunting for a good cheap tyre for years and long may it continue:cool:

You hit it on the head there mate, we all ride different, There's not many reports on the Anakee 3 for the long run yet, but what there is says they are good. So i will give them a go you never know may be the best thing since sliced bread:thumbup: One thing is the tyre fitter said they was the hardest tyre he has ever fitted, stiff side wall.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
You hit it on the head there mate, we all ride different, There's not many reports on the Anakee 3 for the long run yet, but what there is says they are good. So i will give them a go you never know may be the best thing since sliced bread:thumbup: One thing is the tyre fitter said they was the hardest tyre he has ever fitted, stiff side wall.
I promise you now that dude NEVER fitted a heidenau k60. Trust me Chad and I fitted mine and my knuckles are just healing now. We changed the tyre 2 years ago:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just one more question, currently running tubed tyres, can I run tubeless on @ rims:withstupid:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Just one more question, currently running tubed tyres, can I run tubeless on @ rims:withstupid:
Not sure but I don't think so. But I am sure somebody which knows will be along shortly:thumbup:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Yes if you use an inner tube -some manufacturers tyre size for ATs are in tubeless only

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Hello mate,

I've got Tourances on mine and they are very good. Stable, good in the wet etc. I've done 7,000 miles on mine and got another few mil left.

Just ordered a set of Heidenau K60 Scouts. Heard they have just as many miles in them as the Tourance and they look pretty cool too...

·
Registered
Honda XRV 750 RD07 AFRICA TWIN 1995
81 Posts
Would agree Mets Tourance are excellent, I've tried Anakees which are also brilliant but I reckon the Tourance have the edge.:thumbup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the feedback everyone, I have Mitas on at the moment, front is still ok so I'm going to stay mita on rear until I have to change the pair. Looking like Tourance's next time :smile:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Hello mate,

I've got Tourances on mine and they are very good. Stable, good in the wet etc. I've done 7,000 miles on mine and got another few mil left.

Just ordered a set of Heidenau K60 Scouts. Heard they have just as many miles in them as the Tourance and they look pretty cool too...
Yes indeed they last longer(my rear had 12500 miles on it when it came off and still had another couple of thousand left in it) but remember that also means harder. Harder tyres are a bit more slippery in the wet. My experience with the K60 is to give them at least 800-1000 miles till you used to them and they are bedded in proper. I loved mine and used them all the way through winter,no problem

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
I suggest changing Tyres as a pair - that way you get the full benefit as they ate matched. I suggest Anakees although not tried 3s yet but will soon.

Tubeless Tyres are perfectly ok on AT rims as long as tubes are fitted.

Regards mileage - I get about 6000 from my Anakee 2s the front wears out first and that is a road use and about half with heavily laden touring. I ride all year.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yes indeed they last longer(my rear had 12500 miles on it when it came off and still had another couple of thousand left in it) but remember that also means harder. Harder tyres are a bit more slippery in the wet. My experience with the K60 is to give them at least 800-1000 miles till you used to them and they are bedded in proper. I loved mine and used them all the way through winter,no problem

They have just shipped from Germany yesterday and are in Holland at the minute. Hope they get here before Monday as I'm away with work till the Friday.

A mate has a set on his 1200GS and told me they are very washy until they bed in then they are a great tyre. He did tell me I wont be able to fit them myself though, he reckons the rear is so stiff that you need a machine to fit it. He also said he heard that if you get a puncture on the Scout, it's sidewall is so stiff you can ride it to get you out the doo doo...

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
They have just shipped from Germany yesterday and are in Holland at the minute. Hope they get here before Monday as I'm away with work till the Friday.

A mate has a set on his 1200GS and told me they are very washy until they bed in then they are a great tyre. He did tell me I wont be able to fit them myself though, he reckons the rear is so stiff that you need a machine to fit it. He also said he heard that if you get a puncture on the Scout, it's sidewall is so stiff you can ride it to get you out the doo doo...
Save your knuckles and go to a tyre shop. :thumbup:
Yes you can ride them nearly flat as I found out. 2 up in france,long right hand bent,full luggage and I cought a puncture. The pressure sensor warned me that I was loosing air at the front but have you ever tried to stop a gsa 1200,2up and packed just on the rear brake when you been doing 95mph :toothy9:
By the time I came to a stop I had no air(according to my pressure sensor)left but was still rolling ok

·
Registered
72 Posts
Highly recommend the Tourances – managed to get my right pannier down last trip to the Alpes (having far too much fun) and have a lovely scuffed corner to prove it!! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Highly recommend the Tourances – managed to get my right pannier down last trip to the Alpes (having far too much fun) and have a lovely scuffed corner to prove it!! :thumbup:
I could do that with the Heidenau K60 on my GSA. Just hate picking my bike up when she is loaded:toothy7:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts