Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks
Quick question for someone in the know.

I have a 17” wheel that typically takes 160/60/17 rear and 120/70/17 front...

What tyres sizes both up and down will be ok to put on?

I’m looking at a scrambler tyre but it’s 150/70/17 rear

Just need to know what’s safe.

I know you can do this - not fussed about ride handling as it’s mainly straight line.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
if you state what model bike you have people can better advise you on what they have fitted . I myself have fitted 140 instead of 130 on the back of my transalp its not a good idea I don't think I pinched the tube but that might have been before I knew to have a bit of air in the tube .

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i think it might be a bit unusual to fit a scrambler tire to a cbf500 so you are kinda breaking new ground in that ? I recently fitted a 130/70/17 avon road rider to the back of my transalp 600 instead of the recommended 130/80/17 because it was like new for 40 euro from a breaker its very noticeably lower it drops the back a little too works fine though even on the forestry tracks in the wet well in the summer time not as good in water logged grass . going up in height in the side wall might cause clearance issues I would be afraid if a new chain and sprockes were fitted it might pull the wheel closer to the front of the swinging arm .I got a new little car that I am doing up all it needs is tyres and wiper blades to make it road worthy it came with 155/65/13's I stuck on one pair of 155/70/13's its very noticeable the height difference but I like the higher sidewall for added comfort I dropped the pressure to 26 it makes a huge difference . I put a 175/70/13 on the back while I took the rims to get the perished tyres off it and I could see it having clearance issues with passengers aboard on bad roads so I think 155/70/13 is safe enough I don't like low profile tyres myself on a car I don't do track days where I live its more like a safari rally that's why a Transalp is ideal for my purposes too .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts