Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few questions which I know I could probably search the answers for, but just to be up to date:p

I will be needing a new set of tyres in the next 2k miles or so and was probably going to go for Tourances or my old GS favourites Anakees. However due to the nature of the beast... I am informed that maybe Conti Trail attacks could be a better option, I do not go off road BTW but must say that cosmetically speaking I like trail tyres on trail bikes and am always impressed by the grip and wear I get from them compared to road tyres on previous bikes....

2nd. Chain kit David Silver 100quid or Ebay 80quid, is there any difference????

3rd. Being a previous shaft drive man or Scott Oiler.... What is the best product for lubing a chain, I don't want to bother with a Scott Oiler as the bike is purely for pleasure and at only about 5k a year I cant be bothered with the expense and time to fit...

Cheers:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Tyres are a personal choice.
As for C&S set I would go for the originals from David Silvers, cost might seem more but the chance of damaging the splines on the drive shaft are less with a known.
A scottoiler or similar does help prolong the life of the chain, Mine has been changed from the original after 29000 miles.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
A few questions which I know I could probably search the answers for, but just to be up to date:p

I will be needing a new set of tyres in the next 2k miles or so and was probably going to go for Tourances or my old GS favourites Anakees. However due to the nature of the beast... I am informed that maybe Conti Trail attacks could be a better option, I do not go off road BTW but must say that cosmetically speaking I like trail tyres on trail bikes and am always impressed by the grip and wear I get from them compared to road tyres on previous bikes....

2nd. Chain kit David Silver 100quid or Ebay 80quid, is there any difference????

3rd. Being a previous shaft drive man or Scott Oiler.... What is the best product for lubing a chain, I don't want to bother with a Scott Oiler as the bike is purely for pleasure and at only about 5k a year I cant be bothered with the expense and time to fit...

Cheers:thumbup:
Mine uses Bridgestone 020's really good grip in all conditions, i'm never going offroad on it so whats the point of nobbly tyres on it.

I put a C&S kit from David silver on my just after Xmas it was around £85ish i think, the chain was DID and a genuine will always be better quality than an aftermarket one. David silver does a 3 week wiat option aswell which can be alot cheaper than over the counter price

I run a standard scottoiler on mine the chain hadn't stretched much at all in 9 years but the rollers were knackered

·
Registered
160 Posts
Genuine Honda front sprockets have a rubber insert which I suppose gives a little cushioning to the drive. All the pattern ones I've come across are one piece steel.

As for tyres, most folk seem to think the ones they have on right now are the best! Personally I prefer Anakees, but I've got Metzelers on at the moment and they're ok too.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Guys, wil, just have to see what set of tyres I get when the time arrives. As for chain and sprocket, I will go the David Silver way, jut for the confort of knowing I got OE...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts