Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed my rear tyre on a 05 CRF. trying a Michelin Enduro comp 3.I ride on very slick muddy tracks and in tight woodland, with a lot of exposed roots and tree trunks.
What tyres are you guys using? And what type of ground are you riding on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
As I am based in Southern Spain, mostly riding on gritty hardpack. I have tried loads of different tyres. Got a Dunlop Enduromax on now which is rubbish. My next tyre will be a Pirelli MT 43 trials tyre. I'll keep you informed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
M12 Front and I will try nearlly anything on the rear, although I just brought a brand new CRF 450 X and have got S12 front and rear so when I pick the bike up from the shop I will get out and try them out, it is winter here at the moment in Australia and were I live and ride it is the wetest it has been in years the ground is mostly gritty mixed with clay and small rock in some spots on the big hills, so these soft tyres are going to get shreaded I think, but will help on the slippery single trails that I mainly ride on.

Cheers EBT

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have been using Mitas c18 on the rer of my crf .They come in variable grades of grip i.e softer /harder .I have been using the green stripe which it would seem hooks up pretty much anywhere and is my GO to tyre when in doubt.
Been using them for about 2years or so ,they grip roots, stone etc i run a tubliss and they wear real slow cant be happier .
They make tyres for snow (white stripe) hard pack (red stripe) and extra sticky ones also which i think are black or yellow never had one yet ..Well worth a look and only around 60 pounds for the rear great value ,hope this is helpful cya

1 - 6 of 6 Posts