Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have we noticed any affect on the value of pre 01/07/2007 bikes, especially in the South East?
I had a plan to get a post July 2007 FMX (there are few around) and re-frame a Vigor into it, but in the end gave up and went with an August 2007 XT660R instead.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
At the moment there doesn't seem to be any negative effect on used prices, but as 2020 gets closer we'll have to see ??
I don't have any bikes newer than 2003, but lucky for me I get exemption till Sept 2023 before having to pay as I'm resident in the central zone itself ! :thumbup: What I did notice though (looking at the TFL website) is that historic vehicles ( pre '73 ) will be permanently exempt !!! So it looks like I'll be looking for another old Velocette in six years time. My bloomin' van which is a 2013 has to go though, as it's only Euro 5.....Faaaaark.:(

Note : In 2023 I'll be lucky if I can get my leg over my AT or Dommie anyways !

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did think about the pre 1973 option but then you're into parts supply and E10 fuel problems and there isn't a pre 1973 bike that can keep with an XT660R on or off road anyway.
I am paranoid I know but I like to keep ahead of the bEurocrats whenever I can.
The only thing I'm not sure about now are my little KE100s - I love them but they're neither fish nor fowl as far as the ULEZ goes. I tend to think though that there will always be a value attached to two-strokes, ULEZ or not, people just like them. Yesterday I picked up a 2008 registered XR125L (must be one of the last) so that I've got a compliant snow bike.
I don't live in London but where London leads others follow, we've got upcoming clean air zones in 5 northern cities and all this stuff is only going one way.....

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thinking about the KE100s, even if they banned 2 squeeks on the road I could sell them for field bikes for £500 a pop (and that's all I paid for them) :thumbup:

Although I have just been lusting over an advert for a '74 Yamaha RT360, 30 HP,two stroke, 115 KG and ULEZ exempt. Decisions, decisions :toothy10:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh well, shifted the KE100s now. The XR125L is slightly faster and has much better suspension, electrics and brakes and is better suited to my 6'2" frame.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is still a large number of pre 2007 bikes riding round in the congestion charging zone. I will be sad as I will have to retire my SLR from the daily commute which it has done for
the last 6 years and would be good for that again.
There is not much choice of a similar bike maybe get a cb500x or BMW g650 or a smaller crf250l. You hardly see any SLR's around London now just the odd Dominator, it's out of order picking on motorcycles as we all can see the pollution coming out of the buses and black cabs , even TFL says that motorcycle pollution makes up less than 1% of the total.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's true, but I've never known a politician let the facts get in the way of a policy decision :hitler:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts