Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I had a long weekend away due to the hot weather here in Scotland, (unheard of!)
Set off Friday morning from Lossiemouth to Dallas, to Rafford and on to the Dava moor to Grantown. From there to Aviemore then Newtonmore for coffee and a bacon roll for lunch.
Onwards down to Spean bridge, on to A82, west to Kyle of Lochalsh for the night, got some good pics of Eilan Donan Castle!
Lovely night in the Reraig campsite, walk along the beach with Fiona after a lovely meal in the hotel next to the site. (The sign shows a caravan site but it takes tents and is also very bike friendly).

Reraig Caravan Site near Isle Of Skye

Bacon rolls for brekkie, we then took a trip on a glass bottomed boat in the Kyle, which was actually windows in the side of the boat, not the bottom but entertaining just the same!
Then back to the site for tent and luggage, then onwards north to Gairloch, Poolewe and Ullapool. In the interest of the XRV forum we sampled chips from the chippy, beer from local establishments and finished off with a curry from the restaurant next to the campsite washed down with ample amounts of Cider. All passed rigourous testing.
The weather was fantastic for Scotland in May. The site in Ullapool was very busy, I saw and spoke to a few bikers, approx twenty bikes onsite. Apart from a lot of grass in the toilets and showers everything was acceptable. Midges were unfortunately hungry! (Who said there weren't any there?)
Sunday morning, woken by the singing of a four cylinder with full race pipe setting off for a Sunday morning run from the site at 07.30, we cooked up our all day breakfast and washed down with coffee. Showered and packed up by 11.00 (much chatting with a 600 Diversion owner, an engineer, like myself!) we set off home.
Ullapool north towards Lochinver, up to Durness, back down to Lairg, Bonar bridge and on to Inverness for a break. The final stage of the run from Inverness home was via Cawdor then Kinloss to Roseisle to see the newest distillery in Scotland, Duffus to Lossiemouth.
Over 400 miles over God's country in the sun, the sights were 2nd to none. I honestly hope we get the weather for the National, that area is the ultimate riding experience! I'll try and upload pics asap.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts