Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,,

Now after about a month of getting all sorted on my RD04, new Ohlin's backshock, new Scorch exhaust, seat etc, etc....... I took her for her first "stroll" on Saturday and all was well loads of power, quick acceleration.......was very chafed with myself for a job well done... :D:D:D

But as i was getting home after about a 20km i noticed that idling was at about 3000rpm and thought it could be small adjustment of idling screw:thumbleft:, stopped, bike on side stand and there the idling goes down to about 1300rpm, get the bike back up straight and up she goes to 3000rpm, back on side stand...... back to 1300rpm and so it goes on :confused::confused::confused::confused:-

checked all the fuel lines, fuel cleaner - chatted to the guys at the shops/workshops and they are all clueless :confused::confused:- so have any of you had this problem before or any ideas where to start??

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Throttle cable trapped/ pinched anywhere? (or choke cable)

·
21st Century Schizoid Man
2,428 Posts
snip...:thumbleft:, stopped, bike on side stand and there the idling goes down to about 1300rpm, get the bike back up straight and up she goes to 3000rpm, back on side stand...... back to 1300rpm and so it goes on :confused::confused::confused::confused:- ...snip
Is it your weight or the orientation of the bike that causes tick-over to change? Your weight suggests a pinched or short cable for sure, yes? Orientation, sounds more like one of them pesky Gremlins! :D

G

·
Did you change anything in the carb (new jets?) when you installed the exhaust.

Since it sounds angle dependent, I'm thinking that a carb float is hanging up and letting more fuel run in when the bike is leaned over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts