Honda XRV Forum banner

Uncomfortable seat

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  samben 
G
#1 ·
Having just sold my 04 plate TTR250, i immediately went out and got my XR400. The XR i feel is a better bike all round except obviously for the lack of electric start, but i am getting the knack of the kick start proceedure now, however the one real area where it fails to beat the TTr is comfort. After half an hour my arse seems to be sitting on the frame rails. I dont think my seat is worn as the bike is a 03 late with only 4000km on the clock. Has anyone else noticed or suffered this. Is there any mods other than lipo suction to my bum that could make the seat more comfortable. I dont think the other half would be to pleased if i started nicking the cushion off the sofa every sunday afternoon. Its as though my seat hasnt got enough stuffing in it.

#2 ·
It's not to bad on the 650, but for the next long ride I'm going to use some old karrimat inside my sheepskin, then bungee it to the seat, or trust to the panniers to hold it on. Sheepskin worked a treat on the TA, but the XR needs a slightly wider seat to be really comfy. Idea is the karrimat will act to give some structure to the contact patch on the sheepskin.

I'll let you know how it works.

#8 ·
It's not to bad on the 650, but for the next long ride I'm going to use some old karrimat inside my sheepskin, then bungee it to the seat, or trust to the panniers to hold it on. Sheepskin worked a treat on the TA, but the XR needs a slightly wider seat to be really comfy. Idea is the karrimat will act to give some structure to the contact patch on the sheepskin.

I'll let you know how it works.
If you think it needs a wider seet then god help us with an @rse.:D:D:D:D:D

#6 ·
Totally agree. I couldn't sit down for two days after my first ride on the KTM.:(:color:
I've re-stuffed it now and its comparable to the XR400.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.