Honda XRV Forum banner

uncomfortable seat

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  venanziomix 
G
#1 ·
I still feel that the seat on my 650 Transalp is an instrument of tourture.
As such I would like to fit a different seat to see if it makes life more bearable.
To that end has anybody got a damaged seat that they would sell me?
I can then get it recovered with different foam and see if that is the problem.
Alternatively has anybody got details of any aftermarket seats?
corbin etc that fit a 650 TA
Thanks
Phil

#2 ·
harrisphil said:
I still feel that the seat on my 650 Transalp is an instrument of tourture.
:shock: funny, I find it very comfy. Only on long hauls does monkey butt start to creep in, but then with regular stops big distance shouldn't be a problem (did 1,100 miles in a little over 24 hours on mine).

To answer your question, there's no aftermarket seats (on sale in the UK) for the 650, the Honda lower seat option 'may' prove a bit more comfy for you, (ask fatjohn, he has one) these crop up on e-bay quite often.
A lot of @ owners have had their seats reshaped and reformed, do a search for G.A.Wells on this site, they seem to do a quality job for little money (might work out cheaper than sourcing another seat and cover).

#3 ·
Yup,

I find the lower seat more comfortable for longer trips. Bizarre, I know as it has less padding, but I guess it allows a more natural seating position for my adonis like body.

Or something.

You could always try a sheepskin, which I'm told by those much older than me works, cheaper than one of those air hawk things as well.

#6 ·
Hello harrisphil, you say T/A seats are an instrument of torture and you are so right. I had our seat changed to a "Corbin" style by a firm right here in NZ and it is fantastic. Apart from the seat, being a little high geared is the only other downer about the bike. We did a 5000km trip and I think my scrotum would have gone to Africa if I didn't fix the seat. Sheesh!!
I don't know how to post pics but when I learn I will show you a good seat.
I think the T/A is a very under rated bike. I would buy another one in a heart beat. Cheers John.
PS my last two bikes were Honda ST1100s and their seats were suspect too, Honda seats are too soft.

G
#7 ·
Fatjohn said:
Yup,

I find the lower seat more comfortable for longer trips. Bizarre, I know as it has less padding, but I guess it allows a more natural seating position for my adonis like body.

Or something.

You could always try a sheepskin, which I'm told by those much older than me works, cheaper than one of those air hawk things as well.
yes, i apologize you: fat john!!! :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.