Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, my xrv was left for eight months over seas, on returning i drained the fuel and flushed it through changed the plugs oil ect but it would only start on one cylinder i have since cleaned the jet on the offending pot it now runs better BUT! mid range is fluffy and it pops and bangs further up the range but ticks over sweetly before anything else like a full carb strip down, is there any fuel flush type addertive i can use safely to help clear out , what i think could be a part blockage in the carb(s) any advice tips or tricks would be appreciated. Regards Big Steve. ps parts have to come from the UK and its a ten day wait NOT GOOD !!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Steve,

If it runs rough (pops and bangs) when it is ridden at higher RPMs then I would take the time to remove the seat, tank and airbox so you can remove and inspect the choke plungers to make sure they are not getting stuck open.

If they are fine, then there are only a few more screws to loosen to remove both carbs and simply take off the float bowls and blast out any offending crud there might be inside with some good aerosol carb cleaner.

Button it all back up and go ride. Good Luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve,

If it runs rough (pops and bangs) when it is ridden at higher RPMs then I would take the time to remove the seat, tank and airbox so you can remove and inspect the choke plungers to make sure they are not getting stuck open.

If they are fine, then there are only a few more screws to loosen to remove both carbs and simply take off the float bowls and blast out any offending crud there might be inside with some good aerosol carb cleaner.

Button it all back up and go ride. Good Luck.
Thanks the reply, having had the tank off cleaned the air filter (blown out) was clean any way! and done all the other stuff mentioned priev' and it ran much better but not right in hind sight i should of taken the carbs off and given them a good clean,but my thoughts were as gaskets 'o'rings ect are 10 days away if damaged i would try for an easy fix! knowing it was a long shot! any way i have run a fuel system cleaner through it will leave it to soak over night as its way to hot working out side, so fingers crossed!! or as you recommended carbs it is! Gave it a good service this morning and started the cleaning after being stored,I realy do need to get out for a good run,the roads out here in Bulgaria are not the best but for a trail bike no problem and there are NO fences so you can ride off road as you please on some realy great trails. Regards Big S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts