Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you have had an unlucky bike ? A mate of mine got the chance of a good deal. He bought an R1 with700 miles on it and arranged to have it stored in a mate's garage until the weather improved. On arrival his mate decided to take it up the street to try it and yes just out of sight my mate heard the screaming of the engine and when he got round the corner the bike is lying in bits and his mate had to be rushed to hospital where he is currently recovering from a broken pelvis. The issue of you bend it you mend it has still to be broached :confused::eek:

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
unlucky or not....

first of all. I hope he is recovering fast.

as for me.... my bike is a neverending story... got my license okt 08. First crash okt 08... two weeks later. Some girl cut me off.
repaircost 2'
- two broken chains.. one lost while on the autobahn going 140kmph, one during holiday...
- Former owner had the tail light exchanged with led... I needed to get it repaired twice already.
- now some people have been tumping my bike over twice within one week... will get new gas tank and panels end of the week.

Overall I have put the same amount of money into the bike what I paid for it at the beginning.

Surprisingly I never got hurt badly except a couple of bruises but the bike itself is not standing under a good star.

And the new bike starts just like the old one.... not even driven it once and already some dents in the tank from the same guys who tumped no 1 over.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I had one unlucky bike, it was the Kawasaki KM100.
It was a very small light two stroke trail bike . It had a habit of destroying woodruff keys, any way one day I pulled the flywheel off and replaced the key reassembled the flywheel and put the covers back on.
I started it up and it ran perfectly, I then locked it up and went indoors to get my Crash helmet to take it for a ride, I was gone for 5 minutes at most and when I returned the bike was gone, never to be seen again.

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Ouch! Let's hope the feller's a man of honour and offers to pay like the chap who totalled my car with a bike running a red light. If not, unfortunately he's bang to rights and that'll be the friendship gone. :(

Here's hoping he recovers swiftly, honourable or not.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I think the main thing strained would be their Friendship.
I can only guess at how I would feel if I had just purchased my pride and joy and a friend crashed it on the same day.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes an hour after buying it and thinking you got the deal of the century as the guy sold it very cheaply as he just didnt use it after buying it. Actually at the moment they are still ok but the bike is in a bad way :(

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts