Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6' 4" or thereabouts, and when I'm up on the pegs, offroad, I get back ache now and again...is this down to bad position(probably:rolleyes:), being unfit(definitely:eek:), or will bar risers help?
I feel like I'm leaning too far forward when stood up, and then try and compensate which knackers my knees:confused:

Any ideas?

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Try straight back and bent legs- cheaper

or/ and rotate bars to give a little extra ht (might take a fine tune to get the balance between on/ off road).

·
Registered
924 Posts
at 6' 2" i found i was just at the limit of being ok up on the pegs, so your extra 2" may make a big difference... oo-er matron :lol:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Im 6'2" have bar risers and the motobau low pegs, standing up is a breeze now :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm 1,86m tall and also felt the same symptoms when riding stand-up in off-road.

I've opted for bar risers and also rotated the bars a little bit forward, so that they almost touch the screen.

I chose these ones, they add 25mm:
Touratech UK Webshop

After Installation:

BR,
Luís Cabrita

-----------------------
Lisboa-Bissau, Fev 2011
Panoramio - Photos by LMCabrita > Lisboa Bissau Fev2011

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,096 Posts
I'm short - cheapest option by far!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm 192 cm and have recently added bar risers at 20mm. Thats as much as I dare to strech the brake line. Also rotated the bar a little forward.
It made a huge difference when standing up. But I still have to bend the knees, not i an awkward way, just need to sit down for a while now and then. Perfect traing for the ski season comin up ;)

Personally I don't like that the risers bring the bar a little closer to you. I would rather have the SW Motech risers mounted so that the bar moves up and forward. It would give a more relaxed position and get rid of the feeling: if I let off the gas now.. I'll fall over the bars.

I should add that I have never tried theese. I don't know if they would fit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Firstly I would just like to say Hi as I'm new round here. I recently acquired an XR250 so am looking forward to joining in the forum (well a little anyway !)

I fitted some bar risers to one of my other bikes recently and first impressions are good. These ones pivot so you can adjust them quiet a bit.

CIMG1752.jpg

Got them here : Handlebar Risers for Dual Sport Motorcycles

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm, didn't know you could get lowered pegs for the AT...I was looking at getting a set of Pivotpegz, but those Motobau jobbies would do...do they fit the RD07? I know it says All ATs, but if anyone has tried them it'll probably be quicker to get an answer on here;) Otherwise I'll mail them...

So it looks like Bar Risers and these peggies will transform my riding...or not:D

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I would try the risers first. I'm 6'7" and I find that 25mm risers and the bars tilted forward as much as they will go while still clearing the screen is sufficient. I also have the original Honda bars - some aftermarket ones are quite a bit lower.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would try the risers first. I'm 6'7" and I find that 25mm risers and the bars tilted forward as much as they will go while still clearing the screen is sufficient. I also have the original Honda bars - some aftermarket ones are quite a bit lower.
Hmm, OK...I'll try that...sounds a good plan ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
I'm 5'7" (172cm) and have 25mm risers and Renthal Dakar/Enduro High bars, which is spot on for me. I'd recommend that you blag a go on a bike with them fitted first.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
There are other companies who do risers for the AT. Have a look on eBay.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am 196cm or 6.4.
For standing 5 hours constantly on my bike I Have found good combination on my AT with:

MOTOBAU Lower Footpegs
Very strong build, very good quality, sharp as an knife, not the cheapest...

Custom Bar Risers

Drilled and machined, strong and very light. (Up to 4cm MAX)

MAGURA AX 2 Handlebar
Fat & Strong, light and very high (would not go higher on bars)

NOTE:
With Lower footpegs I had to strongly adjust Brake and Gear Lever (foot).
I designed my own foot-brake lever and I bought longer gear lever (made for H CR80) which suited perfectly.
With radically higher bars risers you have to extend all the cables (brake hoses)!

Ps: Higher bars with risers didnt help me in my standing position if they were leaned backward as on original upper clamp and some aftermarket. Very important is upper clamp exit which should be straight up for my oppinion.

/// Alternative Magura models:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm having the same problem with Motobau; not answering mails!

I've ordered the PPegz with lowering kit(although it doesn't appear they're sending it according to the shipping invoice!!)

@diskow; hmm, 4cm??! bit too much for me I think! I'd be worried about those risers breaking off;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts