Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twas a nice morning yesterday so I kitted up my yellow DR350 and set off for a little 'explore'

I decide to head south so it was through the Chew Valley, up over the Mendip Hills and across the Somerset levels........

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Chew_Valley
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Mendip_Hills
http://en.wikipedia....Somerset_Levels

So how many different type of trails can you ride in one day?

Water splash

Resized to 80% (was 800 x 600) - Click image to enlarge

Rocks

Sunken holloway

Grassy lanes

Old drove road

Walled lanes (elbows-in on this one
)

Lanes for big-trailies

Ruts

It was cold in the morning
but once the sun came out it turned into a lovely sunny day.

Although the sun was hazy there were some good views across the levels......

and to the Mendips in the distance.........

Now to wash the bike, oil and filter change, clean air-filter, clean and oil chain and whatever else I find to get it ready for the next ride

cheers, Bob.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
superb bob you got it pretty good over there ,those are some cracking lanes mate !

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
superb bob you got it pretty good over there ,those are some cracking lanes mate !
Aaaah why dont you tell him:"What the feck you doing going out by yourself?":toothy10:

·
17,680 Posts
Aaaah why dont you tell him:"What the feck you doing going out by yourself?":toothy10:
because he's not a liability like you ........ hold on a min the ****ers only got one leg .......Oi bob wot you doin going out by yourself:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
because he's not a liability like you ........ hold on a min the ****ers only got one leg .......Oi bob wot you doin going out by yourself:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Because even with one leg I can ride circles around Germans :hitler: :D

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Because even with one leg I can ride circles around Germans :hitler: :D
Yeah, but you can't compete in the goose step, if the leg flies off you could kill someone!

·
17,680 Posts
Yeah, but you can't compete in the goose step, if the leg flies off you could kill someone!
:laughing3::laughing1::laughing3::laughing1::laughing3::laughing1::laughing3: he has a point bob:D:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Bob your an inspirational to all of us, Old School off roader. your the man.:D:D

Just to Quote Bazza last year" every one took it easy down the track except Bob" :D:D:D

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Bob your an inspirational to all of us, Old School off roader. your the man.:D:D

Just to Quote Bazza last year" every one took it easy down the track except Bob" :D:D:D
No, you are 'the man', you take behemoths down trails with road tyres on :toothy5:

·
17,680 Posts
the man has known fear, now the unknown down the dark , dusty , sumphole ridden tree covered trails hold nothing to this mans iron will to complete the ride...........................................or better still he's mad in the feckin napper:toothy8::toothy8::toothy8:

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
nice one Bob. Youve got some cracking looking trails down your way. One day I need to pop down that way.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nice one Bob. Youve got some cracking looking trails down your way. One day I need to pop down that way.
In the words of Leslie Crowther (who used to live here)..................... come on down!!

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
In the words of Leslie Crowther (who used to live here)..................... come on down!!
Drop us a PM next time you are heading out Bob and I'll see if Im free. Later this year Im hopefully planning a round Wales trip, basically trying to follow the coast from Runcorn to Bristol doing as much off roading as I can en-route....so if all else fails I'll be down that way in the summer.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Let me know when you're doing that and if I'm free I'll meet you somewhere in Wales and ride down to Bristol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts