Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was wondering if anyones tried these possible up grades?

Step 1: have the engine tuned, nothing radical just all tolerances tighted up and general cleaning up of mass manufactered engines ( removing burrs ect ), I had the same thing done to my 99 R1 and gained over 50hp over stock when added to custom made exhaust system and retaining the same reliability.

Step 2: put larger full on crosser front forks, I realise you'd need to have a larger lower steering stem and yokes to fit wider forks.

If these 2 upgrades worked then added to the normal changing of rear shock, air filters,
and dyno jet then I'm thinking you'd have a 80 - 90hp AT that can really handle the rough stuff and cruise at a easy 90 - 110mph.

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Step 1 of your plan has probably been done before, but I've never seen resultant bhp figures like the ones your hoping for. For the money involved in getting anywhere near those figures, you be far better off buying a bike already making those numbers - 950 / 990 Adventure

Step 2 - just browse some of the European @ sites - the Italians especially, as they love slipping ex KTM front ends onto the beasts, then doing all sorts of strange things with the back end and bodywork.

Enjoy it like it is, for what it is and move on if it's still not your thing.

Don't get me wrong, I love to fettle & tinker (not to the de-burring of internals degree of fettling mind you :rolleyes:), but the sort of effort & expenditure that would be involved in what your suggesting is way out of my pocket depth.

Just my ramblings,

Steve T

:cool:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Have a chat with stormforce8 of this parish he's in the throws of a big project on his twin ohlins rear shock ktm 990 front end etcetc as for the engine by doing the above it will beoads of work with not much gain tbh
the twins best improved by sorting the bouncy stuff and brakes.
A decent zorst airfilter and fuel set up will see all the improvement you need:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts