Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I’ve seen these a few times over the years (mostly Riky Cross) and I’m considering hunting one down.
Any opinions or suggestions as to problems etc, availability or even if anyone has one knocking around?

I know there was a chrome one on fleabay a few months ago so I reckon the chances are it ended up with a forum member

Thanks Mark

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mark

Do you mean the metal mesh headlight protectors like this?

20160703_105028.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I am aware of the irony that the photo I attached also has the headlight mesh DOH haha

It's the actual frame around the upper part that also provides extra rack storage.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
Yes I am aware of the irony that the photo I attached also has the headlight mesh DOH hahaIt's the actual frame around the upper part that also provides extra rack storage.
My mate had one (still does on his non runner under a cover in the garden). You have to buy the Riky Cross crash bars plus the rack as they fit together. I don't know if you can see it on this link since Photobucket went rogue.http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/yen_powell/davegroundedsm.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahhh that may scupper the Riky Cross route then as I've just invested in new rugged roads crash bars!
Thanks for the info.

Pity as I quite like the idea of the extra storage

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I got a set from Heavy Duties from Romania for my black RD07a, very good price.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi kitped
I'm guessing that was a while ago as apparently they don't do them anymore, I did ask when I ordered my pannier rack and to be fair they don't list them on their website anymore.
They still do standard crash bars and pannier racks but their focus is mainly actual panniers these days.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Hi kitped
I'm guessing that was a while ago as apparently they don't do them anymore, I did ask when I ordered my pannier rack and to be fair they don't list them on their website anymore.
They still do standard crash bars and pannier racks but their focus is mainly actual panniers these days.
To be fair it was 3-4 years ago...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Makes sense.... must be about time you sold it on then eh?? Haha

Actually I may just try and find a decent fabricator to make up a simple bracket to allow lightweight storage.

Like this guy did

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts