Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Stop looking at my Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took the bike in for its 8000 and pointed out all of the corrosion, particularly on the spokes. Honda has given the go ahead on it all but for the wheels they have told the dealer to replace the spokes rather than the whole wheel.

I figured that this was a golden opportunity to switch them out for Stainless Steel ones and have someone else pay for the labour. Only one problem, I've no idea what to buy or what spec and what numbers....

Could someone who kindly has a workshop manual please look up the info I'll need re guage, length size and number for front and rear wheels and any pertinent nipple or other info I might need it would be hugely appreciated.

Oh and any reliable source for them would be good too. I read someone elses account of this recently but my searches weren't up to scratch

Thanks in advance people :)

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Wheelwise in Cowfold (just south of Gatwick 01403 864533) should be able to supply or advise you.

Failing that, Hagon in Essex, or Central Wheels in Birmingham.

Good Luck

:thumbup:

·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob, they're all very helpfull people though none have done a 700 before so don't have the spec for them to supply :(

BTW your best avatar yet, where do we go to see the continuation ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just had my spokes changed for stainless steel under warranty through the dealer.(700 TA ) call Victor Devines in Glasgow on 0141 225 8100 ask to speak to Ian Wislon, he handled mine and the wheels were sent down south so he will be able to advise which wheel builder did them. Hope this helps..

·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Big Mac that's also very helpfull I'll call him tomorrow. Can I ask if Honda stumped for the Stainless parts or just the labour and you had to pay for the pieces

Thanks again

D

·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK so it seems some dealers are willing to play the game and put a claim in for Honda parts and labour and then use these monies to send the rims to the likes of Central Wheels of birmingham.

Others (like mine) will happily let Honda pay the labour but fit my parts, I then get a full set of spokes handed to me for my troubles (which I can offload on a cousin in warmer climes)

General costs for those who want to know

Stainless Steel Spokes for 19" Front wheel 36 Spokes £55
Stainless Steel Spokes for 17" Rear wheel 32 Spokes £44
Delivery £8

All inc VAT

For them to do the build £44 for the Front and £32 for the Rear plus shipping though they have a 3 week lead at the moment

Thanks to everyone for the assistance it is really appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts