Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride out tomorrow with a view to arriving in Strasbourg on Saturday afternoon.

I will have, on my TA600, the givi crashbars I bought for my dad. The plan is to fit them to his bike when we meet up. Now my Dad is freaking out somewhat as he thinks they might be hard to fit in situ.

My own SW Motech bars were relkatively easy to fit, but the givi ones will be mounted using our tool kits.

2 Questions:
Can anyone tell me if they feel fitting a Givi crashbar kit to a TA700 is do-able with a basic tool kit, and if there is any reason why an 08 bar kit would not fit an 09 bike...?

Thanks tremendously!!
(Never has a bike trip been this much hassle to plan for: even Argentian seemed more straight forward!!)
:toothy4:
Vivent (sp?) les vacances!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I fitted a set just the other day so hope I've remembered correctly!

Basically the Givi bars are mounted with three U bolts that fit around the frame. They are M8 threaded so you'll need a 13mm spanner/socket.
There is a longer M8 cap screw to replace the central one in the bellypan so that'll need a 6mm allen key.
It took me an hour or so but that was on my own and I was making trebly sure I got it right - two pairs of hands (and some confidence!) will help.
I don't know if those tools are in the basic toolkit.

They should fit OK to an 09 as I've mounted them to a 10 bike.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fitted a set just the other day so hope I've remembered correctly!

Basically the Givi bars are mounted with three U bolts that fit around the frame. They are M8 threaded so you'll need a 13mm spanner/socket.
There is a longer M8 cap screw to replace the central one in the bellypan so that'll need a 6mm allen key.
It took me an hour or so but that was on my own and I was making trebly sure I got it right - two pairs of hands (and some confidence!) will help.
I don't know if those tools are in the basic toolkit.

They should fit OK to an 09 as I've mounted them to a 10 bike.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!
Splendid and thanks for the post!! Tells me all I need to know!:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts