Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pipercross airfilter in my africa twin.

When i bought the bike, i found out it wasnt oiled. I was told that the foam is so dense that oiling will only clogg the filter.

But is this really the case, or should I use oil (ie. from K&N)?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The piper cross is an oiled foam filter so it should be oiled.
I use K&N oil on mine

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts

When i bought the bike, i found out it wasnt oiled. I was told that the foam is so dense that oiling will only clogg the filter.

On my Gasgas and XR I use BEL-RAY filter oil as it's bright blue so you really can see where you've put it, it's also really tacky and sticky. Engine oil isn't really any good as it's too thin and not tacky so just gets sucked through but anythings better than nothing

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the Pipercross any good for using on overlanding trips?

Not much of offroading, besides the bad roads you encounter :)

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
On my Gasgas and XR I use BEL-RAY filter oil as it's bright blue so you really can see where you've put it, it's also really tacky and sticky. Engine oil isn't really any good as it's too thin and not tacky so just gets sucked through but anythings better than nothing
i had an old kwak that used engine oil on the filter, once a week. the tiniest bit like a thimbleful would scrunch through the whole filter

·
Registered
7,723 Posts

Get some 'foam filter' oil, it dries tacky but don't over do it - squeeze out excess.

Phil

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Get some 'foam filter' oil, it dries tacky but don't over do it - squeeze out excess.

Phil
Pipercross make their own version in a little spray can, get it from the local chav palace, err, sorry ralleeee spares shop :thumb:

(or just use K&N, same diff)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts