Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you know, I have a problem with my Hein Gericke Cruise jacket. The pull tab on the zip closer on the left sleeve came adrift due to an obvious manufacturing fault.

Contacted Hein Gericke HQ, who said that since I was out of the 2 year warranty period they would not replace it. Fair enough, I suppose. They suggested that I contact the store that I bought it from for a recommendation as to finding someone to repair or replace the zip.

Right, so rang Hein Gericke Belfast. Total and utter waste of time. The monkey that I spoke to suggested that I have a look through the Yellow Pages!

Customer service? Pah!

Just contacted Hein Gericke again to relate the pathetic response from Hein Gericke Belfast. Their reply? Try Hein Gericke Newry instead! (for those of you that don't know, it is the only other Hein Gericke store in Northern Ireland).

Hein Gericke - very eager to take your money, but after that you can just go and whistle!

This is a real shame as I really like the Hein Gericke stuff. :(

It's just that their after sales support really, really sucks!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Re: Useless HG!

As some of you know, I have a problem with my Hein Gericke Cruise jacket. The pull tab on the zip closer on the left sleeve came adrift due to an obvious manufacturing fault.

Contacted Hein Gericke HQ, who said that since I was out of the 2 year warranty period they would not replace it. Fair enough, I suppose. They suggested that I contact the store that I bought it from for a recommendation as to finding someone to repair or replace the zip.

Right, so rang Hein Gericke Belfast. Total and utter waste of time. The monkey that I spoke to suggested that I have a look through the Yellow Pages!

Customer service? Pah!

Just contacted Hein Gericke again to relate the pathetic response from Hein Gericke Belfast. Their reply? Try Hein Gericke Newry instead! (for those of you that don't know, it is the only other Hein Gericke store in Northern Ireland).

Hein Gericke - very eager to take your money, but after that you can just go and whistle!

This is a real shame as I really like the Hein Gericke stuff. :(

It's just that their after sales support really, really sucks!
Got to say I've had the complete opposite. The leg zips on my voyager trousers went and they were repaired FOC. The second one was outside the warranty period. That's Hein Gericke Cardiff

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Got to say I've had the complete opposite. The leg zips on my voyager trousers went and they were repaired FOC. The second one was outside the warranty period. That's HG Cardiff

I have just had this back from HG -

"Dear Mr Moran,

I am sorry if you consider we have not met your expectations, however as the garment is out of warranty there is little else I can do.

Yours sincerely

Alan Priest"

Well I'm glad that someone is getting better service than I am from Hein Gericke.

F**k it, here's my reply to the above email -

"Mr Priest

I take it then that you are perfectly happy about the inept, unconcerned, clueless and totally unacceptable manner in which I was dealt with by the HG Belfast store?

I understand that with the franchise model that HG uses, there cannot be total control over the individual outlets. However, the fact remians that this is NOT a good advertisement for HG. All this does is perpetrate the belief that HG are more than willing to take money off customers but just do not care less about customer service. How difficult would it be to suggest somewhere that I might be able to get my jacket repaired?

Yes the jacket is out of its warranty, but the fact remains that the fault is obviously due to a manufacturing defect! Have you seen the photograph that I supplied when I initially contacted HG?

Is this a recurrent problem with this jacket? Have other zips failed? Are these zips from the same manufacturer? Has the manufacturer of the zips been contacted?

Can HG provide me with (or even sell me) an identical zip so that I can get it replaced at my own cost?

Do I need to continue this lesson in customer service?"

I am awaiting a reply...........

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

Jesus Christ all the guy has to do is give you some feedback, use the yellow pages... Well gee thanks you prat i'd have never thought of that myself, idiot!

I suggest you actually goto the store in question and ask to speak to the manager, don't be threatening or use bad language as this gives them the opportunity to dismiss you with no explanation. Put your case to the manager, if the manager is not there then arrange a time to go back when he will be or get a contact number to arrange an appointment. Usually in cases of unsatisfactory customer relations the managers of the stores r unaware of the bad service staff are giving.

Explain you simply wish to have it repaired (at your cost) and since you purchased the item from them and will continue to use there stores in the future that a little help surely is not unresonable.

That being said, if he still refuses then smack him in the face and jump on his testicles...no just kidding... Explain that you won't let the matter go and will goto local press if need be and kick up a stink, that should get him sweating as no company likes bad press no matter if there at fault or not.

Craig.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Wookie in leather
136 Posts

I have to say I have had nothing short of flawles service from HG, even when it means them directing me elsewhere for the same product cheaper. It is the Birmingham branch though

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts

I have a Gore Voyager HG suit and I love it , never let in a drop of water , and goretex IMHO is the very best of the "waterproof breathables".

However most of the zip pullers are goosed on mine - both sleeves are pulled up with keyrings - my left leg is pulled with a paperclip. The only good zip pullers are right leg and the main zip on the front of the jacket !!!

The MAJOR weakpoint of HG stuff is zips.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts

Sarcastic sod!

Just got this in reply -

"Mr Moran,

Thank you for the lesson.

Please let me know the length of the zip and I will arrange to send you one."

Alan Priest

Hein Gericke customer service at its best!

I wonder if anyone from Hein Gericke is reading this??
They do not get time to read these posts, they are too busy sending idiot replies to their customers.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Registered
12,768 Posts

My local dry cleaners could supply and replace a zip for £10.
Yet it seems HG are unable to.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts

Go on delete him I dare you :D
My zip went in the left arm, i think it was to do with pulling down hard over very bulky gloves repeatedly that weakened it. Took it back to HG Plymouth (i'm 70 miles away) had it done and back to me with in the week. Garment was just inside the warranty peroid but nevertheless an brilliant all weather coat

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts

Bugger! here was me thinking about getting a cruise jacket. Perhaps I will hang back a bit to see the final outcome. :(

Andy.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts

Bugger! here was me thinking about getting a cruise jacket. Perhaps I will hang back a bit to see the final outcome. :(

Andy.
I wouldn't let this issue put you off, i always ahd good service from HG in the branches that i've visited

·
Varadero Explorer
237 Posts

I've got the cruise jacket - great bit of kit.
Had mine for about 2 years...if something (like a zip) breaks and its out of warranty then I'd expect to get it fixed at my own expense.
How long should a warranty be for?
Surely 2 years is enough - you bought the jacket knowing it had that warranty.
Got to remeber as well that HG staff are probably on not much more than the minimum wage.

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts

well the reply made me laugh - at least Mr Priest has a sense of humour..... and you are getting a zip.....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts