Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to go out on the Varadero and have lunch with the wife. I wore leather Trousers and god i wish i put my Cordura one's on it was bloody freezing but a really bright sunny day

Rode up to Newquay, first time i've been through that place in a couple of years, it's changed quite a bit with buildings going up everywhere. Typical Cornwall tourist hotspot it's out of season most things and shops were closed.

Rode up to Watergate bay and Mawgan Porth then up the coast road and into Padstow. Stopped in a pub in Padstow had 2 carvery's ( not just for me) then went to come home.

Stopped at the local Honda dealer's on the way home to look at the new VFR1200, looks bloody nice but too much money at £11.5k give it 8mths they'll be knocking them out at £8k when they can't sell them. They did have abrand new VFR800 in white and black that was very nice never seen that colour scheme before.

The one day i took the bike out with no luggage fitted the wife decided she needed to buy new trousers. So she found a pair of mens Richa waterproof trousers with there equivelent of Gore-tex for £70. So i gave her half towards them and we rode home with a pair of trousers infront her stomach and behind my back.

Was talking to the salesman in the dealership and he said unofficially the engine in the new VFR1200 is being planned to go in the new Pan European and Varadero but it's going to be at least 2yrs away yet so read into that what you want to. I think it's very plausible

Also forgot to take camera as it was a great sunny summery but cold day

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I spent the day asleep in bed, I have just got up.
I am now in the process of getting ready for work, start at 20:30 and finish at 05:00 tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts

Allways send this card.....................

Never fails :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
i did bugger all because its a cynical americanised marketing ploy to get us to buy more tat in the shops. they have a "special" day for every day, dont they? load of old skiddy pants.
if she dont feel the love all year one day isnt going to make any difference. anyway the rugby was on today. im gonna do her some pancakes on tuesday, what more does a girl want?

st valentines day actually started out as a victorian thing, you could send nasty things to people you didnt like, like "snake in the grass" postcards.

brilliant, bring it back

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Took the kids swimming this morning, took them to Grandma's this afternoon, enjoying a peaceful evening together.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
worked, tending to the sick

went out to dinner last night and with dessert jay gave me a lovely pressie

Was J in trouble for something before you went out???:p:p:p

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Well, usually seen as a tight Scots git or whatever folk usually say, I don't see a problem with letting someone special know you still think of them as such?

I woke Fiona this morning with,,,, well,,,,, let's not dwell on that too much! She then gave me a card and a bottle of Glenburgie single malt. My responce, I then pulled a box from under the bed, a card, a fluffy toy labrador puppy (we both had dogs in the past but haven't space for them now) a box of chocolates and a bunch of flowers.
We then got dressed and headed over to her mum and dads in Inverurie to go out for Sunday lunch as it's their wedding anniversary as well as Valentines day!

Everyone has their own thoughts on this sort of thing, I'm not judgemental, each to their own, I just believe in letting people know when they're special. (Any way, the food was good! Need to be at £67!) :thumbup:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Missus was at work all day which gave me and the bike time alone together, I gave her a good rubbing with her favourite duster and tweaked one or two of her finer points all in all a good day and I just know she appreciates the attention..............Oh and I got the missus a card :rolleyes:

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts

Allways send this card.....................

Never fails :rolleyes:

:D:D:D
Class, Frad!!! :sign5::thumbup:

Spent an awful afternoon yesterday, with MC clubmates and families, atop a three storey house, with a rooftop swimming pool. It was h*ll, enduring 35 deg C heat, looking out over coconut tree fronds, allowing the ice cold beer to slide down, preventing dehydration. :eek:ccasion5:
The barbie included the usual standard fare, chicken breast fillets, pork chops, burgers, steaks, chilli con carne, beef tenderloin(in a creamed, white wine sauce with mushrooms), Thai pork curry, Thai beef salad, rice and potato salad etc etc. :thumbup:
Glad the wife was teetotal for the day!
Happy Valentines!:love9:

·
Xi dwejjaq member
921 Posts
Yeah, life can be tough.
Best to carry on regardless ... suffer in silence ... stiff upper lip an'all that

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
worked, tending to the sick

went out to dinner last night and with dessert jay gave me a lovely pressie
That must have caused a stir in the restaurant.:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Missus was at work all day which gave me and the bike time alone together, I gave her a good rubbing with her favourite duster and tweaked one or two of her finer points all in all a good day and I just know she appreciates the attention..............Oh and I got the missus a card :rolleyes:

DC such a romantic did you use Bee's wax on the tank.:D

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
i did bugger all because its a cynical americanised marketing ploy to get us to buy more tat in the shops. they have a "special" day for every day, dont they? load of old skiddy pants.
if she dont feel the love all year one day isnt going to make any difference. anyway the rugby was on today. im gonna do her some pancakes on tuesday, what more does a girl want?
:thumbup: Oh yes... no cards no pointless spending of money on crap teddies, better still wifey hates it equally
Watched the rugby and England had the desired effect in sending me off to sleep:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
My wife gave me her cold.:(

Still, we have cancelled a visit tot he outlaws as a result:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts