Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Varadero 1000
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been out for a ride, what a glorious day. Better than trying to get home from Germany which is what I had to do yesterday.

Been looking around and it occurs to me there are an awful lot of different brake pads out there. Now my XL05 needs a new set all round, so I'm wondering what peoples thoughts are, stay with oem? are pattern better? etc. etc.

Look forward to your comments.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I would stick with OEM.
I have EBC in mine at the moment but the Discs are now in need of replacement.

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Same as Stumpy, stick with OEM. You probably know this but changing the pads on a vara really is easy peasy. 2 or 3 minutes per disk.

There's a video on you tube of someone doing it (badly) in 30 seconds.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Just been out for a ride, what a glorious day. Better than trying to get home from Germany which is what I had to do yesterday.

Been looking around and it occurs to me there are an awful lot of different brake pads out there. Now my XL05 needs a new set all round, so I'm wondering what peoples thoughts are, stay with oem? are pattern better? etc. etc.

Look forward to your comments.
Stay with genuine Honda pads they suit the discs better and give better feel and good life expectancy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Would stick with the oem. A lot of aftermarket pads will wear the discs faster because they are so hard a compound compared to standard ones.
Cheers allan

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
keep with standard pads, 'nissin' ones!

i was forced to get a EBC rear disc on mine and its pants :mad:

·
Varadero 1000
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, seems the concensus is to stay with Honda parts, so I've ordered some.

Kinda ironic that the associated advet is for other pads.....

Thanks for your notes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts