Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all im looking at buying a varadero 125 soon does anyone on here have one for sale?

whats there top speed? are they as reliable as the honda xlr 125?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I do not know about any for sale here, but They are very reliable and very sought after, they hold their value well.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Hi had one before I took the big bike test and loved it so much I bought the 1000
being 17stone best I got was 70 but there are others that (presumably lighter) get 80
the engine is reportedly bulletproof and I didn't have any problems. Started first time and being upright allows you to see over the top of cars etc.
Although prices for new are crazy they do hold there price.

Hope this helps.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
they are both great bikes but to choose between them depends on what you want from them. the varadero is probably the best learner legal 125 you can get, for the road. its got a bombproof very smooth 125 v-twin that isnt really tuneable so reliability is right up there. the only thing ive seen on them (theres three at work) is rotting mild steel exhausts. but its no worse than any other bike with a monkey metal end can, ive got an XT600E hahaha:(. and if i remember right its covered with a stainless or alloy cover anyway.
the XLRs are also good bikes with very good reputations, being solid built four stroke singles. i dont know the 125 specifically but ive ridden a 250 and it was fun, but id soon be sick of it as a road bike. the 125 would be even worse for me i think. id have one as a greenlaner fun bike though, for sure. a light little offroader like that would have been handy in the recent snow.
conversely, i wouldnt want to take the varadero offroad, too much expensive plastic!

·
Registered
924 Posts
being 17stone best I got was 70 but there are others that (presumably lighter) get 80
the engine is reportedly bulletproof and I didn't have any problems. Started first time and being upright allows you to see over the top of cars etc.
Although prices for new are crazy they do hold there price.

Hope this helps.
spot on there. 70 flat out for me at a similair size to AAF, nothing went wrong with either one i had over 2years. insane prices new, but decent ones to be had second as people trade-up. brilliant riding position over most 125s. i now have an AT, but would Always recommend the baby vara for a first bike (to anyone tall enough)

Edit - forgot to add. i sold mine for exactly what i paid for them, so i can personally vouch for them holding their value VERY well

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Edit - forgot to add. i sold mine for exactly what i paid for them, so i can personally vouch for them holding their value VERY well
yes agree here. Sold mine for £100 less than I paid for from a dealer.

I forgot the mention that I also got between 75 and 80 to the gallon which isn't as fantastic as other 125's but still pretty good from a bike that is almost like a 500 cc in size. Couple of young kids came over to me one day and asked me what size engine it had... I told em to guess one said 500 and the other one being closer to the bike spotted a 125 somewhere on the engine.... He then announced that there wasn't a 125 twin..... So it must be a 250 as each cyl was 125heheh at least his math was correct and he didn't need to take his shoes off to get there.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Twas my first bike and i loved it... never missed a beat, i was only 16stone at the time of owning my vara125 and it did about 70 flat out, it'd probably only do 50 with me on now :rolleyes:

Very comfy to ride too, all the 125`s i looked at after doing my CBT didn't look like my sister could fit on let alone me but the vara was perfect. After about 6 months though you will want more power, garunteed.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
924 Posts
it was a good enough bike to make it into my signature :thumbright:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
i have one which myself and my 18 year old share! just lately it seems he rides it and i maintain it.
if you are looking at diy maintenance on the fi versions you will require a genuine honda workshop manual, loads of sensors which seem to monitor everything.
clocked up about 17000 mile in just over a year (yes on a 125)!! sons in long distance love:D. no real problems. as previously mentioned great 125, very comfy, great ride position, huge for a 125. overall love it to bits must get rid of son so i can get more use out of it myself :D:D:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just to add to the wisdom: it's great.

I've been riding one since October, my first "proper" bike after years on a scooter. It is lovely and seems to attract wistful looks from bikers - I regularly get people coming up to me at the local supermarket to talk about it!

It's proper sized and thus feels really safe. I'm in Wales and in the rain in the dark it feels very capable.

I get 70 out of it and I'm 11.5 stone. Also the twin makes a good noise when it's idling.

And, yes, once I've done my test I will be getting a Transalp ;)

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
I get 70 out of it and I'm 11.5 stone.......................................................................................

.........................And, yes, once I've done my test I will be getting a Transalp ;)
so it seems its geared for 70 and weight doesnt have much to do with it.

when you pass your test you could have a customer for the XL then?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Absolutely.

Especially as I've just been looking into the DAS test costs...not cheap!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts