Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel that yesterday's Vtr shock fitment was the final chapter to project "Varastorm".

Here's a list of modifications that I've done to my trackday Varadero :)

I'm a bit shocked with the amount of things that I've done to it over the years, but here they all are in one thread,

Engine.

Finger ported (smooth inlet trackts).
Firestorm camshafts & manual cam chain tensioners.
Lightened flywheel down to 4lb 5.8oz.
Vtr carbs'n air box fitted with Ducati 916 inlet trumpets (Same height as standard VTR trumpets)
Dynojet needles with std springs & Keihin main jets with a Home made RamAir filter.
Exhaust headers are standard with Renegade link pipes'n silencers.
All fed by a Facet electric fuel pump.
Makes 108 bhp at the rear wheel.

Front end.

Forks fitted with later model (longer) Ohlins springs with 60mm spacers & 30wt Putoline oil.
Blackbird front wheel with 2mm removed off each disc mount face to allow correct alignment of disc to caliper.
Cbr400 multi hole discs with Organic pads.
Cbr F2 front mudguard heavily cut & modified (extended) lower mudguard support.
Cb-1 (400) 90's fork brace.
Renthal 615 (Honda TRX) handlebars on 25mm risers with Oxford heated grips & Barkbusters.
Quick action throttle via a heavily modified Yamaha R6 throttle tube.
Topped off with an MRA Vario screen. upside down for summer & right way up for winter.

Rear end.

VTR Firestorm shock fitted to (2" rise) jack up tri plates.
CBR 600 fx/fy rear wheel fitted with a 2007 Triumph Tiger disc & Organic pads.
Very heavily modified center stand to accomidate the 180 tyre & lengthened side stand.
Shortened rear mudguard with a MWS carbon hugger.
525 chain'n sprockets upgraded to a Blackbird 530 DiD setup with Supersprox rear sprocket & a Renthal Fireblade front.

Other bit's n Gizmo's.

Pegs are MFW Vario's with 50mm lowering plates spun 180 & used as riser plates. Standard foot brake but modified Transalp gear leaver.
Stebel Nautilus horn (LOUD).
Clear front indicators with Cbr 250 rear indicators.
Givi front crash bars with genuine Honda rear luggage racks.
Bagster tank cover bag.

Since I fitted the Vtr shock, I've fallen back in love, so I've just ordered a new battery as a treat for it.

If You were to ask my why I did all this? I'd honestly struggle to give you a short answer.

So in a nutshell, I'd have to say it's the engine & sitting position.

With the engine & suspension mods it's now so sharp it's hard to explain & attracts no attention as it just looks like an old Varadero with an old fat guy on it :thumbright:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts