Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20150716_205958.jpg
...forks extended 80mm.rear shock preloaded 6mm,swingarm lengthened 80mm
could do with a stiffer spring if anyone has any info?
just picked up another thats been sitting under a tree for 10 years,2002 with 18'000 miles on it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The best looking vara I have seen! You've done a great job on that. Almost makes me want one......almost!!! lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...thanks :)
you can pick a rough one up for a grand,ive just bought another for half that...me next project.
might do it camel colours like one of my others ive ''knocked up'' in the past
camel.jpg

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
ones best is mighty fine , coolest bike I have seen in a long long time :cool:

·
Registered
376 Posts
You are just showing off now!!!!! lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like it very much :thumbleft: :thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft: :thumbleft::thumbleft:
Well done! Did you powder coat rear swing arm or is it painted?? Can you tell us more about those modifications... How you extended rear swingarm??!! Any step by step photos??
Thanks
Pete

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive did have some pics somewhere when i was lengthen it.mind you its not something i advice you do unless you know what your doing.
i bought 2 arms from the bay of 'e',£25 each i think,they were cut so when together they were 80mm longer.inside was cut open and 2 solid 100mm alloy bits were machined to fit inside,wielded inside,the back plate was then wielded on then wielded right around.ill add the pics if i can find them.
the arm was then filed and sanded down,acid etched in black primer the ''misted'' in satin(semi gloss) laqure to give it a sort of dull textured finish almost identical to my givi crashbars.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
View attachment 77409
...forks extended 80mm.rear shock preloaded 6mm,swingarm lengthened 80mm
could do with a stiffer spring if anyone has any info?
just picked up another thats been sitting under a tree for 10 years,2002 with 18'000 miles on it.
That is a realy smart and purposefull looking bike. Sometime today I will be wandering down the promenade in Matlock Bath. I never tire of the place. Its a constantly changing bike show and there is allways something special there. This bike would be one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks...yes i always seem to get looks where ever i go,regardless of what bike ive owned/made my ''own'' if you know what i mean.
went to our local sunday run get together,and mine was the tallest amongst the lot :)
it will be just as special undrneath its bodywork over the coming winter months.
its also got a few ''gizmos'' on it.
satnay
bluetooth
4xUSB charge points
remote start/pager alarm
rear view camera(disp on nav)
front night vision camera with 500y military IR(disp on nav)
the list will go on :)

just got to decide on the colour of the new one.. 20150725_111522.jpg

·
Registered
477 Posts
What's the plan? Flat tracker :wink:

There are a couple of parts I would like for the flat track project I'm building, but at the moment I'm in no position to buy more bike bits.

After new year maybe :thumbright:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
funny you should mention a flatracker,i was talking to someone a bit back,local lad,whos doing the same with a africa twin..gizz a shout when your ready and ill see what ive got left.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ok, thanks for that :thumbright:

In fact it was your picture of the naked Varadero that was one of the inspirations for the flat tracker build. When I saw it, I thought this has potential :cool:

Have you read about the tracker build I'm doing?

I'm in the process of making an exhaust atm & I'm thinking of maybe using Varadero peg hangers to aid exhaust clearance issues :thumbright:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts