Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some clarity looks like my rec / reg is damaged, not convinced the one on the bike is OEM it has a part number of SH633-12 which is the same as in the Hayes manual photograph, but searching ebay this part number does not reference a varadero. Searching for varadero i get a part number of SH 693-12.

Any clarification gratefully received ;)

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Looking for some clarity looks like my rec / reg is damaged, not convinced the one on the bike is OEM it has a part number of SH633-12 which is the same as in the Hayes manual photograph, but searching ebay this part number does not reference a varadero. Searching for varadero i get a part number of SH 693-12.

Any clarification gratefully received ;)
Yes I reckon it's an aftermarket jobbie. All the OE ones I've seen before had a heatsync fitted but your one didn't. There are plenty on ebay ranging from £20 something upwards. I suppose you pays your money and takes your chances.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
It might be worth giving SCB in Newbridge a call as looking at some ebay listings the same reg is used on loads of Hondas.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It might be worth giving SCB in Newbridge a call as looking at some ebay listings the same reg is used on loads of Hondas.
Good call tried them nowt suitable :(

HUMM posponed to next year all the regional dealers having to order the part in.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
In what way is it damaged? My experience is that they suffer from total failure without warning. If its still working then its a good idea to carry a spare. This is surely the easiest roadside repair. If you've got one (and a spare main fuse which blows when the reg/rec packs up) you're on your way in 20 min. Without one you can disconnect the blown unit, reeplace main fuse and ride for however long the battery lasts. Should get to help. Otherwise its the recovery truck.
If you have the side panel off at home unbolt the reg/rec and clean the frame back to bare metal where it sits. This apparently ensures a good contact and more effective heat dissipation. Some use heat paste to improve contact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts