Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've got a RD07 which I dearly love for everything except the "lack" of power in the bike. Don't get me wrong, it's enough and you don't need more but I would like to have more. This is where I started looking at engine swaps with a XL1000v-engine, because I like to tinker with bikes and I already know AfricaQueens is doing it. Did anyone here do it as well? And if so, is there some online documentation. I looked around and can't find that much.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
705 Posts

Looks like rather than VTR engine transplants into AT - folk styling heavy ol' Varaderos to look more like Ats

If you do it remember to fit manuals CCTs to the lump.

Edit - You buy a conversion kit for the conversion

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anything is possible with a big enough hammer Honda special tool ...

Thanks for you reply and also the correction of what engine they use. The conversion kit comes in handy, I didn't see it before on their shop, thanks for pointing that out.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've a VTR Firestorm and a 650 Transalp and missed the power in the TA - so I got a Triumph Tiger as a compromise - but that was quite a tank of a bike, great for long distance but not for day-to-day pootling about which the TA excels at.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Only some unpaved tracks in Wales to get to a bunkhouse - Not a bike for off-road as tyres I had were more road orientated (Struggled to turn the bike around on wet grass over Winter) plus very heavy.

Shame I had to sell it. Still ideal bike would weigh closer to Transalp 650 and put out 70-80 horsies.

69hp XTZ750??

72bhp Tenere 700

1 - 7 of 7 Posts