Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, unfortunately my RD04 is RIP, after a head on at 60mph with an overtaking car in my lane (on a blind bend after midnight )
Anyway, as I’m not likely to be replacing it with an XRV (or any bike in the near future) all the parts I had are up for sale.
I’ll take any reasonable offers, no parts are in good condition but are repairable, useable or useful for rebuilds.
I’ll post pics as soon as I can (mobility dependant).

Original screen with stickers

Fuel tank, few scrapes in RWB.

Nose cowl, left and right front and left and right rear panels. All have been repaired by me (so not professionally!) and plasti dipped in black (should peel right off to reveal RWB if wanted). No tool box cover on the left panel.

Set of Africa Twin decals for RD04 RWB

Fork gaiters in blue.

Front and rear wheels. Both have old tyres with reasonable tread, but the tyres are old. The rims are shot and I wouldn’t put them on a bike but they may be good for a rebuild. They were spares when I bought the bike so cannot give any indication as to how good the hubs are. I had planned to use them for a rebuild.

As I saw on another post, only sell this stuff if you’re skint and/or need the room. Well I’m both, so it’s gotta go!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear about the accident sounds terrifying hope you are OK.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk
Thanks. It was pretty horrific, but I’m still here and ready to ride once I’m mended.

Funniest part, my phone was attached to the handlebars using an Otterbox case and bike mount. Bike went under a lorry and was dragged 50m down the road. Phone was recovered undamaged and the Apple Health app reckons I climbed 4 flights of stairs at the time of the impact

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will you get anything back insurance wise? :eek:

I'd break my phone over the guy's head for the shitty driving. Glad you ok.

Aidan.
Cheers dude.
Insurance on the bike has paid out minus the excess which I’m hoping to get back later. Also waiting for payout for all the gear I was wearing and then suing the guy for everything else!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Cheers dude.
Insurance on the bike has paid out minus the excess which I’m hoping to get back later. Also waiting for payout for all the gear I was wearing and then suing the guy for everything else!

Thats good to hear . I hope you get every cent back man. I know how expensive it is 1st hand to rebuild these XRVs. What was his reason to be in the wrong lane on a blind ****ing bend?

Aidan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats good to hear . I hope you get every cent back man. I know how expensive it is 1st hand to rebuild these XRVs. What was his reason to be in the wrong lane on a blind ****ing bend?

Aidan
Haven’t heard officially as the investigation is still ongoing, but as I know the road well, and the circumstances (motorway shut nearby), I reckon he went to overtake one lorry then realised it was a convoy and kept going looking for a gap. Before he knew it he was in the bend and it was too late.
Luckily he stopped and is insured and a number of witnesses came forward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts