Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about them ? I am interested in the rear tire shown in the picture bellow . Price is about 60€.

·
Womble
180 Posts
Vee Rubber are a Thai tyre manufacturer. To quote their web-site "Vee Rubber Group is the leader in Thailand, in terms of the variety of vehicle tire types produced, ranging from small go-kart to large commercial. These are carefully made from selected raw materials using modern manufacturing technology and processes. All group products are of the highest quality possible, and supplied mainly to export, but also domestic markets."

Working from comments I've found on-line they are of a very hard compound, which is probably fine in Thailand but would not work well in the cold and damp UK climate.

Thailand may be one of the worlds largest producer of Rubber but personally I wouldn't use their tyres.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Their tires are good in tropical climates but in our climate they do not warm up enough so they do not wear properly

·
Registered
58 Posts
go on buy some - used to use them on the old ts250 mz - you'll have loads of laughs at the shocked look of drivers as you head sideways towards them! Last forever - grip like butter - and improve your handling skills ( very quickly) or hope your with bupa!! Tred

·
Registered
494 Posts
I bought a 2nd hand DR400 once and it came with a set of new Vee tyres...I went for a ride and turned back after a few mile's

To fit a set of worn tyres I had ...the new Vee tyres went in the skip :happy3:

You can get a set of Conti excape or TKC's for not a lot more,and you know they will be good.:thumbright:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well, I think Iulian is Romanian, so UK weather won't be a problem for him!

They look like Dunlops K760, which is exactly what I fitted today.

Don't know about the compound, but knobblies are distributed in the same way in the K760, so I guess it will be ok in dust and dirt, tarmac, etc, but ok also in muddy places.

tell us what are your sensations if you buy it

in spain is easy to find Vee Rubber in bycicles and scooters.

cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am somewhat disappointed with Michelin Anakee because they wearing very fast , and they are double the price of Vee Rubber , Anakee's are soft and have a good grip . Regarding my location , in Romania we ride from spring to early fall , so the tarmac is hotter than UK (but full with holes ) . In conclusion , from your opinions and personal experience i see that the Vee's are hard compound . Of course after i'll buy and get to know them i will make post a short review on them.

P.S : with anakee's i do a lot of dirt and mud skid like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpe8-LYabS0

1 - 7 of 7 Posts