Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are some velcro strips and a plastic ledge inside the front left hand fairing on my dommie 650 x reg 2000 model

anyone know whats missing from here ??

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Got those on my '89 as well, also with nothing stuck to them. ;-)

A theory is that there was a little baggy with a booklet or something stuck there, seeing as there's nowhere else on the bike to stick the manual...

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
My '99 Dommie came with the owners manual in a grey vinyl bag stuck to the velcro so yes, it's the owners manual that's missing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suspected it may have been something like that

thanks for your help to satisfy my curiosity

a bit of an odd place to be exposed to the elements

right, now need to chase the previous owner for that book !!

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
The book is usually the first thing that goes missing from a bike, being chased for top spot by the official toolkit...

Anyway, those instruction manuals don't really have a lot more in then other than that the round bits go on the floor and you're not supposed to put diesel innit, right? ;-)

·
Registered
336 Posts
"those instruction manuals don't really have a lot more in then other than that the round bits go on the floor and you're not supposed to put diesel innit" :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
there are some velcro strips and a plastic ledge inside the front left hand fairing on my dommie 650 x reg 2000 model
anyone know whats missing from here ??
The Velcro strips are there for attaching the plastic bag with the service book and not the user manual.

The user manual should be read before operating the bike.

The service book should be accessible and permanently attached to the bike for an easy and complete record of the repairs and the maintenance operations. It usually gets lost when the odometer is hacked, when oil changes aren't done at the right intervals or when the vehicle has been through major repairs after a collision.

:book:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts