Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Makes me wonder why get that far and then stop? Found an problem that is too big to deal with?

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
credit crunch etc i should imagine,probably worth more to break. Would snap it up if I had some cash handy,but then getting it insured would be interesting.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
It looks like it's already been in a breakers, one way or another. The front isn't RD04, more likely RD03 with the one disc brake? The forks and yolks are aftermarket so possibly a front end shunt at some point? The seat and side panels are RD07, early ones had coloured panels and black seats. The wheels aren't original, no petrol tank, no front plastics, no radiators, front and rear mudguards after market things, no clocks, the list goes on. If I was building one myself the wheels and forks would be tasty but would prefer twin discs on front as standard. I wouldn't want to spend more than a grand on this puppy. :thumbup:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like it's already been in a breakers, one way or another. The front isn't RD04, more likely RD03 with the one disc brake? The forks and yolks are aftermarket so possibly a front end shunt at some point? The seat and side panels are RD07, early ones had coloured panels and black seats. The wheels aren't original, no petrol tank, no front plastics, no radiators, front and rear mudguards after market things, no clocks, the list goes on. If I was building one myself the wheels and forks would be tasty but would prefer twin discs on front as standard. I wouldn't want to spend more than a grand on this puppy. :thumbup:
like he says in the description
New Marzocchi 50mm Front forks, CNC machined Yokes New Ohlins Rear Shock - both have 12" of travel. New Linkage with grease nipples fitted. Excel rim's/stainlesss spokes and New TK 80 Tyres. New Brake Disc's/Calipers/Stainless steel Brake cables, Modified swing Arm - now has off road chain guide. K&N Air filter. FRO Titanium footrest's. Extended side stand. Various other items. Will require Fuel Tank

the 50 mm forks are a big step up from standard that would set you back 1500+ quid with the machining for the yolks etc, with the right caliper you don't need two discs especially if the disc is bigger than standard,the rear shock is about 600 quid+ and the excel rims will cost you well over a grand,he could make the 2 grand breaking it. I reckon with about 300 quids worth of front plastic or a 600 quid boano front end you'd have a 4-5 grand bike when painted, I reckon it would be **** off a hot shovel off road. Anyone notice the vacuum pump conversion looks like a nice neat job.
personally I would buy it and slap some standard plastics on it,anyone want to buy one of my kids..........................................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts