Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An early VFR750 was advertised locally so went to have a look and brought it. These early models can now be used on VMCC runs (over 25 years old) and insurance is cheap. I have owned a VFR400 and a VF500 in the past so an opportunity to try the real thing. It came with full touring equipment of Krauser panniers and Kappa topbox as in top picture. With that removed, and for sale, it is now like the bottom picture.
vfr750.jpg

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I had one of those many years ago in dark blue i was allot younger and a bloody idiot on it, had it off the clock a couple of times and didn't feel happy on it until it was doing 120 so after 3 years of avoiding a ban and death it had to go so put it in for my first AT in 1993 bloody great bike just couldn't control myself on it :D

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Nice one dod. I test rode one just like that many, many moons ago. A lovely motor that felt lighter, more agile & torquier than the later FL proarm model that I ended up buying (and sold 8 months later for 'another' Transalp.....).

All the gear driven cam motors are a joy though.
Enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice looking VFR I nearly bought an FK last year but ended up with a 1990 FL. I really like the engine but am struggling to love the bike like I do my Alp. I'll probably put it up for sale or swap soon.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

·
Hill Rider
3,070 Posts
Got this 1995 registered model a few weeks ago, after it had spent 6 years stored in a barn . . . . . .

Seemed a waste to have it laying about gathering dust, so I done wot I do, and there she is.

Purrs like a kitten and goes like . . . . . . well, a very fast red thing :thumbright:

Steve T

:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts