Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made contact with Sam Manicom and mentioned the TLD, he seems very enthusiastic about joining in and or helping, having a face is always good for publicity, he has offered a few books for auction or prizes and is prepared to write a short foreword about travelling for the site.
Anyone have any serious objections to me carrying on and roping him in on the next ride, I could well imagine a 20% to 30% percent increase in riders just with his presence.
If needed I will carry on with the website until such time as someone else can take it on, you tell me what needs doing or what you would like to have and I can make a start, just the complicated bits like the one click registration I'll have to get help myself, but for graphic work, that's easy.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I think GOG has already been speaking to Sam and had got the offer of a Boxed set of books for next year. Let's wait till the committee is formed for next year so we can keep the contact of potential sponsors / VIPs down to a single point of contact.

Sam has joined the forum BTW View Profile: Travelling Sam

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
If needed I will carry on with the website until such time as someone else can take it on, you tell me what needs doing or what you would like to have and I can make a start, just the complicated bits like the one click registration I'll have to get help myself, but for graphic work, that's easy.
I think i may/should be able to sorted out the registration part, graphic work not so good at.

Just have to see what happenin first

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
I have contacted the 'hairy bikers' to see if we can some signed stuff.

I will let you know how i get on.

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Ooh, I dunno.

As you all know, I'm mad keen to get more riders to raise more money. But a) I'm not sure that riders who join to ride alongside someone famous will be motivated to raise money and b) I don't know whether the reactionary folk of the forums will feel that a celebrity rider makes it less of an XRV event (for the record, I don't think it makes the blindest bit of difference).

I'm not against it, but I still think we need to recruit riders with access to generous donors as well. Remember this year we recruited Tickertyboo - £1,800, Andy 1 - £3,600, David S - £3,500 and Ady - about £2,000. Four riders, £11,000. That's how you raise money... :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts