Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Timid biker
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading about the W2 Dirt Adventure boots in the earlier thread, What boots?, at the weekend I stopped by my local motorbike shop (Saltire) to have a look at them. However, apparently they've sold like hot cakes and they only had one pair left which of course weren't the right size.

Can someone with them say whether the Euro sizing is on the small side or large side? I'm not really of a mind to buy a pair without trying them on first, but it would help to let the shop know what couple of sizes to bring in.

Reason being: I still have my stormtroopery Hein Gericke TRG boots, and I've tried very hard to like them. But they're so solid that I can hardly flex my ankles to change gear properly, and I can't feel anything through the soles, like the brake pedal. Perhaps I'm just too used to my touchy-feely SIDI Strada Rain boots.

·
Timid biker
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well for what it's worth, I paid a visit to Infinity Motorcycles in York last week and tried on a pair of the W2 boots. 45 minutes later I realised I was still wearing them, having been trying on gloves and trousers and things. I did about 25 miles in them once they arrived, and I think I like them.

I think the sizing is in the same ballpark as SIDI.

·
Adventure Biker Trainee
29 Posts
I'm thinking of investing in the W2 boots as a replacement of my age old sidi vertigos, I'm just unsure of the waterproof effectiveness of the adventure boots.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i own a pair of w2 adventure boots got them from five brothers in hull very comfortable very waterproof as far as i can tell done a couple of thousand miles in them all weathers and easy to walk in id happily but another pair

·
Registered
20 Posts
HI All

I also have a pair if W2 boots must say I really enjoy riding in those boots. Do more off road than tarr roads and they are great

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reason being: I still have my stormtroopery Hein Gericke TRG boots, and I've tried very hard to like them. But they're so solid that I can hardly flex my ankles to change gear properly, and I can't feel anything through the soles, like the brake pedal. Perhaps I'm just too used to my touchy-feely SIDI Strada Rain boots.​

1 - 6 of 6 Posts