Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My linkages on my 1998 Alp are shot and i need new ones. Tried Honda, they no longer have any. Had a look on eBay same result.

Anyone here have an Alp they are breaking?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I now have the part number! CMSNL and David Silver both do not have any, bugger.

Part number is :- 52465MAW760

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi,
Just had the same problem with my 1998 Transalp, good usable secondhand ones are like rocking horse ***, I have had to buy new bearings from Marksman industrial at a good price, and pay David Silver Hondas extortionate price for the collars, all I need now are new bolts as I had to saw them all off. Good luck looking
Jees

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope seized solid! Cannot get the linkage bolts out and looking like destruction of the part is the only way out. No luck so far looking for the parts so am asking on every forum I can think of.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Exactly the same as mine was, everything seized solid, I hacksawed through all the bolts and then plus gas and a big hammer, took all day and a black finger nail but I persevered and all the bearings and collars came out.

Jeves

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Post a photo up of parts required. I have almost a full transalp in boxes. I know I have a full spare swingarm, rear shock etc
Only just seen this reply, not getting notifications for some reason! Bike is now in a friends shed will get piccies of the link i am after in the week.

Ta!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Exactly the same as mine was, everything seized solid, I hacksawed through all the bolts and then plus gas and a big hammer, took all day and a black finger nail but I persevered and all the bearings and collars came out.

Jeves
If you can cut the bolts then a visit to an engineering shop or commercial vehicle fitter with a hydraulic press will see the seized parts out in quick time. Saves a lot of time and effort.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Only just seen this reply, not getting notifications for some reason! Bike is now in a friends shed will get piccies of the link i am after in the week.

Ta!
This is not the exact link that I want but it looks the same! If you have this part please let me know a price? _MG_0023c.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts