1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks innocent enough doesn't it?

IMG_9449.jpg
But dont be fooled when the experts say walk it first there is a reason
We where having a great day out somewhere near Kirby Steven and came across this, Rdonson and myself. Take note of all the green slime built up on the concrete. We thought we knew better and before I had chance to say stop rdonson set off like a hero I wont say anymore will let pics do talking.
After this I think conti trail attack 2s have more grip than Anakee 3s

IMG_9445.jpg
Feet wet through :)

I didnt think a picture of the bike in water was in good taste but now I am writing this it was a missed opportunity sorry lads and lasses

IMG_9451.jpg

The damage

IMG_9456.jpg

Anybody got a spare tank with no dents

Walk first then decide whether to cross be warned................maybe rdonson will add to this...................

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Sorry for the incident. The classic slippery stone/concrete with slime and algaes. Gonna cost a second hand fuel tank. Don't worry, plenty of them available, and usually cheap. But hey, I fell for you... ;)

Lee

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
There's one like that behind the Ponderosa at Worlds End

Always catches you out no matter what tyres you have

Glad you are OK

Shame about the bike

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
building that dwarf wall this morn may have been a blessing in disguise....;)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a great days riding but that wasnt the only incident of the day :) lucky you didnt come It was like a skating rink didnt think we were going to get the bike upright.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Glad you guys had an exciting day! Pity about that RD07a tank though! DOH!

I just about lost my Crosstourer on it's very first outing in a ford over beside Nairn, not concrete, big boulders and covered in green slime! Think I've a pic, might look it out! £11.5k under water, I would have been gutted! Lucky!

End of the day, it's what we bought them for guys, shite happens!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I walked the muddy pond. Then I crossed the pond. Until I hit a submerged lug. I swam while the bike was almost submerged. Took me a while to pull the beast from the mushy sand, and thendry the bike. There was water in the cylinders and airbox. I was carefull not to crank the engine until I popped the sparkplugs. There was very minimal mayonaise in the crankase and let the engine idle for 15 minutes to see how things developped. I rode home and did two oil changes within a day.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Amateurs :toothy10:
I don't need slime to drop mine or drown her:lol:
Yep did the same just didn't walk it first as it looked to deep. So I send J first :toothy10:
Fecker made it through, I didn't.
Than discovered that the BMW seems to think that spark plug removal tools are to heavy and so surplus to requirements :rolleyes:

Not sure if I can link you tube clips from my phone

First J

VIDEO0003.3gp: VIDEO0003.3gp - YouTube

I was a bit too fast me thinks

thorpness gettin wet 2: thorpness gettin wet 2 - YouTube

the result

VIDEO0004.3gp: VIDEO0004.3gp - YouTube

1 - 13 of 13 Posts