Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK you lot, I know it doesn't affect you all, and I've no idea if this is 100% genuine, but it came from a reliable source in the motorcycle industry, so I've no reason to question it, and would rather tell you than hear stories afterwards.

BE CAREFUL OK!! :thumbup:

Bob

PASTED BELOW...

Sent: 14 January 2008 20:46

Subject: Variable Speed Cameras M25 Jct 10 -15

Guys,

See below, but basically it means the cameras on the M25 are now going

to be set to go off at 80mph.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Surrey Police Collision Investigation Unit,

To Operational Officers,

I have received information from RPU Traffic Management that the company

who look after the Variable Speed cameras between Jct 10 - 15 on the M25

on behalf of the Metropolitan police are ACTIVATING the cameras from

15/02/08. The current cameras are analogue and the speed for enforcement

is set at 93mph. However the system is changing to Digital and the

Commissioner as directed the company to set the cameras at ACPO

guidelines, this will be 80mph.

I suggest that any incident you attend and have to use the M25 you put a

marker in your PNB with the Icad number as this will no doubt create

more work for the Inspector and Sgts to investigate speed complaints and

the Icad number will assist us with regards to police purpose. If the

incident is not police purpose then YOU will be liable for the offence

of Speeding.

Full details of when the system goes live Digitally will be circulated

once Traffic Management have the details

Regards

John Clarke

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Cheers for the heads up :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Most of the Cameras on the M25 are Variable ( i.e. Set over a certain distance.) This is because at certain times of day depending on the amount of traffic the speed over each section can be altered.

The most dangerous variable speed cameras are on the A1.
Speed signs for national speed limit cameras set for 60 mph.

L

·
0 Posts
If you go above whatever speed the road is limited to then expect to be flashed or pulled over. I'm not saying don't speed more saying if you do you take your chances.

Kymmy

·
21st Century Schizoid Man
2,428 Posts
I realise that BobAs thread is about motorway speed cameras but, I can't miss this chance to say this so sorry Bob. I speak as a man with a family, living in an urban environment where speeds in a 30 zone frequently pass the point of reason; please don't do it in urban areas. These are communities and acts of gross speeding are experienced by some of us as hostile acts of aggression against the community and against individuals - especially pedestrians and cyclists. I witness very high speeds that have a '£%$^& you' quality to them. Sadly, motorcyclists are among the worst offenders in this location :(

To give a point of comparison to support what I'm saying, 50mph in a 30 zone is something like +66%. The same difference on a motorway would be 112mph ish - without the hazards of side roads, children, shops, elderly people trying to get across the road to the park or visit their friend, etc. etc.

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
I realise that BobAs thread is about motorway speed cameras but, I can't miss this chance to say this so sorry Bob. I speak as a man with a family, living in an urban environment where speeds in a 30 zone frequently pass the point of reason; please don't do it in urban areas. These are communities and acts of gross speeding are experienced by some of us as hostile acts of aggression against the community and against individuals - especially pedestrians and cyclists. I witness very high speeds that have a '£%$^& you' quality to them. Sadly, motorcyclists are among the worst offenders in this location :(

To give a point of comparison to support what I'm saying, 50mph in a 30 zone is something like +66%. The same difference on a motorway would be 112mph ish - without the hazards of side roads, children, shops, elderly people trying to get across the road to the park or visit their friend, etc. etc.
I agree with this. I HATE excessive speed in heavily built up areas loads more than I hate unnecessary limits in semi-urban or rural roads.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Worries, because I couldn't agree more.

Speed camera's outside schools and on the High Street are very welcome in my opinion, now we are living in a society that don't give a shat about anyone else.

What I object to are speed camera's placed on "money making" stretches of road.

The M25 cameras are quite rightly there for a reason, and I mostly agree with their job of smoothing traffic flow by altering the speed limit.

The biggest shame is, cameras or not, the charming lowlifes that flout the law and risk lives generally don't have licences, insurance, and are either in a stolen car, or one registered to Ronald MacDonald, so the cameras are a complete waste of time with them.

Everybody has a dig about the Police sometimes, but for my money, we should be doubling their money and getting more of them (Jack Reagan types as well please!!) and NOT relying on cameras or "Road Officers". When was the last time you can truly say you saw a copper doing his job?

Thats it, I'll put my soapbox away now!

Just be careful on the M25 OK!

Bob

·
Ride any Road. Ask me...
2,574 Posts
I'm all for speed, but to choose when.

I'm a right pain for 30s and 40s, choose my 50s and most 60+ are anything goes.

I often have a que of 30+ traffic behind me in 30 limits. I belive that when people are concerned, kids, dogs, cats, buddies, old folks, etc, lots of that really dear to me, it's the only thing to do.

The things you see outside school to, 560 kids leaving in a 5 min period, and many of the cars don't even slow down. Thats with a camera and "traffic calming". MAD!!

:confused:.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts