Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I have being lately doing some maintenance to my dominator and in this opportunity is time for the oil filter. I was browsing online that there are some washable oil filter, basically a oil filter that you could clean and reuse like the k&n air filter, made from stainless steel. Unfortunately the dominator doesn't look to be in the list of compatible models but since its compatible with the XR650L oil filter (according to the k&n website is the similar size and fit than the nx650) i was considering in giving it a try.

1998 Honda XR650L PC Racing Flo Stainless Steel Oil Filter | MotoSport

Have anyone done this already? any pro or cons i have to be aware about it?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Can't see the point. It would be very easy to get grit, swarf etc on the wrong side & distribute it around the engine. For what proper filters cost, why?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't see the point. It would be very easy to get grit, swarf etc on the wrong side & distribute it around the engine. For what proper filters cost, why?
Well it have some goods reviews online, i was trying to get different point of views, like yours :thumbup:, as well.

For me it would be a deal after 4 or more oil changes if it actually works!!!!. Specially since i don't need to order a new oil filter just wash it and re-use it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I don't like them. Independent tests have been done on them and prooved them not as good as paper but on what brand I dont know.. I like the idea though.

As said, for the price and need to replace a standard gasket its not really required.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts