Honda XRV Forum banner

Do you wash your transalp after taking it offroad

• Never - I forgot what colour it is?

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Religiously - its clean as soon as it gets home

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Will give it a rinse after a few days, If I feel like it!

Votes: 9 60.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people here wash up their bikes after an offroad session?

I love going exploring green lanes and single track roads but i hate washing off the mud after!!

R

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
muc off used to be a great seller but times have changed . there is a new product on the market called muck on its designed by BMW its in the Touratech catalogue not cheap but its handy for rich urban bikers who like to ride their Teutonic tank in fashionable places to be seen like the kings road in Chelsea and want to give the impression that they are serious adventure riders .

between long hours at work and a busy social calendar that includes tennis golf rugby premiers and chris de burg concerts time with the wife and children and a bit of rumpy pumpy with the mistress or getting flogged and insulted by some pvc wearing fat cow in dungeon the poor chaps haven't the time to spare to actually ride out into the country side and get the bike mucky themselves . hence the need for such a product :thumbright:

me ?

im dead mucky :toothy9:

·
Registered
897 Posts
I found out fifty years ago that water rusts bikes :lol: that's why mine has only been washed 5/6 times in the ten years I have had it :D

if it gets mucky it gets a gentle wipe so as not to let the muck do a lot of scratching and then lathered in WD40 trying to avoid the tyres and brakes

To be honest though I don't do off road and these days I try to pick the best weather, seen plenty off crap weather in earlier times.

·
Registered
155 Posts
alias,that really is funny and so true.That is of course when there not in the main dealer for yet another recall (see MCN LAST WEEK)

·
Administrator
1,778 Posts
I don't take mine off-road... it gets dirty enough on some of the country roads I DO use! Which reminds me - it's filthy after the Gospel Pass this morning, and I suppose I'd better give it a wash ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts