Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had the TA out last week end for a long cold and dirty ride over to Tomintoul via the Lecht ski resort.. no snow but very cold.. stopped in the Old fire station cafe for a warm.. some tea and a nice bacon roll.. First bike they have had this year.. very nice folk and biker friendly car park at rear.. will make this my regular bacon roll stop...

Any way got back, just had time to jet of the salt crud and farm yard crap that they insist on leaving on the road, and put the bike away...

During the week I thought I would finally get around to fitting the front braided hose.. so thought I would completely strip of all the tupperware as I fully expect the brake fluid to get every where ( and it did). what a **** of a job to bleed but much improved... so as I have the bike all over the garage, thought I would touch up the frame, ( silver hammerite, as recommend here... good job), .. then thought I would improve the mounting of the Lazer pro duo exhaust I dropped on, as it was hitting the pillion foot rest.. all sorted,very chuffed, so this weekend thought .. better get that lot back in one piece before I forget what fits to what!!

Popped on the tank and could not resist, starting it to check out the exhaust, nice sound but loads of vibes.... :shock:
noticed that only the newly painted rear pipe was smoking ( yup painted the exhausts too), front not joining in the party!!, As I has spayed scotoiler stuff WD 40 and other stuff all over the place, I checked the wiring, the CDI's, swaped them ( thanks again to advice on this forum), relieved to find front still not having it.. pulled tank back to see it I had caught something... front joint in.. must be fuel me thinks... plently in the tank so switched to reserve any way.... running fine????

So puts the old girl back together.. polish .. off to the garage to fill up. just made it, cut out completely!! filled up ... took 10l, so loads of fuel??
starts first time!!! back home... never missed a beat, pulls up back pot only running.. Bollocks.. puts it away will sort next week..

sun shining, cup o tea, calms down , bollocks will sort it now, has it ticking over for ages no problem check sparks no problem tap carbs, check choke... will take it for a run again, half way up drive and boggs out AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,
put my hand behind the fuel tap to check that the fuel line is not kinked for the umpteenth time and pulls the bloody vac pipe off.. push bike up drive ( christ its heavy going), check out and put vac pipe back on..

Penny drops, it goes on the front, I recall.. then I remember the I has put it on the other stub just behind it!!. press starter perfect......... what a numpty.. So before you check CDIs etc.. check the vac pipe!!!!

To apologise to the bike took it on a shake down to Loch Muick which is near Lochnagar.. great run.. but @king freezing and bike covered in crup & salt again. will just clean it this time.....

I know this is a long post but I don't want to suffer alone... and if I can save some one the pain then great, I am repaying all the good advice gained here, and I suspect I am a prat among prats :oops:

so check the vac pipe first!!!!!!

Ray

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
...and I thought things like that only happened to me :? Glad ou got it sorted.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope Austin happens to us all when a blond moment stikes. like I said what a prat.. but the weird thing was that rear cylinder was fine?? most confusing, but a lesson best learned close to home rarther that miles from any where.. so check the basics... :oops:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts