Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The HD version of Sanyo's waterproof digital camera that has built in anti-vibration is now on Amazon for less than £150.

Top quality piece of kit. With a ram mount for a camera you can video off road and high speed in HD.

This is the one Stan mounted on his crash bar on the Piel Island Trip. he was concerned it vibrated too much yet it too this unedited footage:

YouTube - XRV hardknott pass Piel Island trip.mov

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My original review of the older version remains valid.

I'd put a 16gb card in the new camera and get at least one spare battery as the battery will be the limiting factor.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fixed, sorry.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Mine arrived today, nice bit of kit, although rather bizarrely the box had been opened and the carry cover removed ???

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'd have already been on the phone moaning, you might get a free card or battery thrown in, with your experience in moaning to companies Stuart you will most likely receive a free upgraded camera every year :D
as far as I can see the standard Amason solution would be to return the whole thing for a refund then buy another one, for the sake of a case that would probably sit in a drawer I'm going to let it slide and get on with rigging up mounting bracket :toothy7:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine arrived today, nice bit of kit, although rather bizarrely the box had been opened and the carry cover removed ???
I never us the cover. If I can find one you can have it. If it had a belt clip it would be useful.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I never us the cover. If I can find one you can have it. If it had a belt clip it would be useful.
generous offer Chris but I'm not realy bothered about a cover,
my ram kit arrived today and with the bits I already had I've sorted mounts facing forward and backward, :blob5:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pop out and make a quick vid then.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
It does seem to be a good priced camera with or without the case.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
The HD version of Sanyo's waterproof digital camera that has built in anti-vibration is now on Amazon for less than £150.

Top quality piece of kit. With a ram mount for a camera you can video off road and high speed in HD.

This is the one Stan mounted on his crash bar on the Piel Island Trip. he was concerned it vibrated too much yet it too this unedited footage:
Just had a look at the link looks a reasonable unit but unfortunatly doesn't look very robust for things like harenhounds and enduro's nor does it look very waterproof. As for ram mounts don't really want to put any more clutter on the bars it just more to get broken and the ram mounts do use several ball joints etc which can pop out of place when impacted and bike hits hedges and trees etc. I know this from experience i have 3 ram mounts now for different things.

I will look later at the Ram solutions for it though just incase as it would have tomount on the handle bar crossbar on the xr and gasgas or my helmet

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Totally waterproof. I have been swimming.

Sturdy. These were taken with the predecessor non-HD version. Ask anyone who has ridden with me offroad. I crash a lot.

/QUOTE]

Could you give a me a link for the ram mount kit please?? there homepage was coming up with an error a minute ago and wouldn't open for me but i t did yesterday so guess error at there end for a minute

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Totally waterproof. I have been swimming.

Sturdy. These were taken with the predecessor non-HD version. Ask anyone who has ridden with me offroad. I crash a lot.

/QUOTE]

Could you give a me a link for the ram mount kit please?? there homepage was coming up with an error a minute ago and wouldn't open for me but i t did yesterday so guess error at there end for a minute
I am getting the same

I detailed it all here

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
foudn this:

Important Announcement

From January 1st, 2010 our e-commerce website is off-line while we review and revise our product range.
All existing orders will be processed and delivered as normal and after-sales support will continue to be available.
Should you wish to order or enquire about GPS related products including professional GPS or our popular range of RAM mounting brackets, please contact us as follows ...
By phone
Sales & general enquiries: 0208 893 9393
RAM mounting bracket enquiries: 0208 755 2881
By email
General Enquiries: [email protected]
Sales enquiries: [email protected]
Support enquiries: [email protected]
Returns: [email protected]

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I am getting the same

I detailed it all here
I'm getting the same error when i try to vie it through that link aswell. Also read the reviews people have written about it there seems to be roughly a 50 /50 split some saying very good, several saying screen issues and a couple saying poor picture quality i know has to be taken with pinch of salt but several complaining about the same thing "screens" could be an issue??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts